Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 988 cc inline four engine, producing 160 bhp at 10,800 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Kayaba upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Steering damper
- 4->2->1 Titanium exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2001-2002 model there's a black frame / swingarm finish, new four piston front calipers on smaller discs, a completely Titanium lightweight exhaust system, LED tail light, a 10 mm lower seat, new dash, new stacked headlight setup, new fuel injection, 4 bhp more power, handling improvements and 2 kg shaved off the weight.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT012 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Black/blue/white, silver, black, grey/black, brown/black, red/black
Review In A Few
- Loads of torque
- On the large side
Launch RRP: £8,500
Capacity: 988 cc (high)
Power: 164 bhp / 122 kW (very high)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 168 kg / 370 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left