Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is a dedicated premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 172 bhp at 11,250 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork
- Adjustable pro-link shock
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the outgoing CBR900RR there's a new 44 cc larger engine with 17 bhp more power, a new frame, a new under seat exhaust system, an electronic steering damper for a more stable ride, longer swingarm and the centre of gravity moved forward to make it less inclined to wheelie.
As usual there are also loads of weight savings from the cams (450 g), smaller discs (300 g), radiator (700 g), exhaust system (1.4 kg) and ECU (100 g) however overall it's 11 kg heavier. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT-014 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- 2004: Black, grey/black, red/black, red/white/blue
- 2005: Black, red/black, grey/black, black/orange/red
For another £6,000 Honda will offer a HRC race kit, replacing the ECU to increase the red line to 14,450 rpm. It also features a new gearbox, shock, fork and power boost to 207 bhp.
Did You Know?
This was the first Blade produced without Tadao Baba as lead designer. Before they were known as FireBlades but from this point it will be Fireblades with a small "b".
Launch RRP: £8,600
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 172 bhp / 128 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 175 mph / 282 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 179 kg / 395 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left