Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade For Sale
The 2004 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is a dedicated premium sports bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four engine which puts out 172bhp. It was updated in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2017.
Pros / Cons
- Smooth and easy to use power, powerful brakes, great feedback, quality finish
- Complicated to fix, on the heavy side, budget for a power commander
What Is It?
Introduced in 2004 to replace the CBR900RR the CBR1000RR Fireblade used much of the new technology introduced in the CBR600RR. The engine was an all new 998cc in line four design and 172bhp is achieved at 11,250rpm.
- New aluminium frame, inverted fork, rear suspension and central fuel tank.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) for a more stable ride.
- Long swingarm to improve traction and suspension.
- Centre of gravity moved forward to make it less wheelie prone.
Weight savings all round from the cams (450g), discs (300g), radiator (700g), exhaust system (1.4kg) and ECU (100g).
- Fully adjustable 43mm upside down fork
- Pro-link rear suspension
- Dual 310mm discs up front with radial 2 piston calipers
- 220mm discs at the rear with single piston caliper
Colour schemes and RRP:
- 2004: £8,600: Black, grey/black, red/black and red/white/blue
- 2005: £8,600: Black, red/black, grey/black, black/orange/red
For another £6,000 Honda would also supply a HRC race kit, replacing the ECU to increase the red line to 14,450rpm. It also features a new gearbox, shock and forks to boost power to 207bhp.
This was the first FireBlade produced without Tadao Baba as lead designer. Before that blades were referred with a capital B i.e. FireBlade. As a sign of respect future blades would be referred to with a lower case b, which also turned Fireblade into a slicker brand name.
Did You Know?
This was the first FireBlade produced without Tadao Baba as lead designer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (9)
- 1 of 3
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|