Suzuki GSX-S1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-S1000 is a naked style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 143.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,500 rpm.
- Twin spar Aluminium frame (new) and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Fully adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- KYB rear shock with adjustable re-bound damping and 130 mm travel
- Traction control with 3 modes and off
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- LED taillight and position light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The engine is actually from the 2005-2008 GSX-R re-tuned for the street, rather than latest generation Gixxer, because the long stroke design is better suited to low down torque. Likewise the swing arm and front brakes have been transferred over.
The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include Bosch ABS (£400, +2 kg), blue/red/yellow Brembo calipers (£210), Carbon frame cover / fender / pillion seat cover / mini fly screen / hugger, blue chain (£170) and heated grips (£160).
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, red and grey/red Yoshimura Special Edition
- 2017: Blue, red, Phantom black
- 2018: Blue/black, red/black, Phantom matt black, white
- 2019: Black, blue, white
- 2020: Grey/red, white, blue
Up And Down The Range
The GSX-S1000F is essentially the same bike but with more of a fairing for sports touring use, a 5 mm lower seat and ABS as standard.
Launch RRP: £9,100
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 143 bhp / 107 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.691 bhp/kg / 0.515 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Front suspension
- Limited electronics
- Throttle response
- Rear suspension
2016: Yoshimura Special Edition RRP is £9,800 or £10,300 with ABS and gets you a host of extras; Yoshimura R11 exhaust, steering stem nut, hard anodised parts, bar ends, grey/red paint scheme, heel plate trim, wheel trim graphics, paddock stand bobbins, tank pad, matt black levers and pillion seat cowl.
2017: £9,900 Phantom special edition with matt black paint, red detailing, black KYB fork and black exhaust / levers / foot pegs / foot rests. Carbon edition is £10,000 with ABS, colour coded calipers, wheel tape and Carbon hugger / crankcase cover / clutch cover / alternator cover.
Power bump up to 148 bhp, new slipper clutch and blacked out levers / pegs.
Check out this video review from spicy110.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left