Suzuki GSX-S1000 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (815 mm / 32.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (207 kg / 456 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (155 mph / 249 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: High (143 bhp / 107 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.691 bhp/kg / 0.515 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,100
For Sale (19)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from spicy110.
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-S1000 is a naked style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 143.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,500 rpm.
- Twin spar Aluminium frame (new) and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Fully adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- KYB rear shock with adjustable re-bound damping and 130 mm travel
- Traction control with 3 modes and off
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- LED taillight and position light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The engine is actually from the 2005-2008 GSX-R re-tuned for the street, rather than latest generation Gixxer, because the long stroke design is better suited to low down torque. Likewise the swing arm and front brakes have been transferred over.
The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include Bosch ABS (£400, +2 kg), blue/red/yellow Brembo calipers (£210), Carbon frame cover / fender / pillion seat cover / mini fly screen / hugger, blue chain (£170) and heated grips (£160).
- 2015-2016: Black, blue, red and grey/red Yoshimura Special Edition
- 2017: Blue, red, Phantom black
- 2018: Blue/black, red/black, Phantom matt black, white
- 2019: Black, blue, white
- 2020: Grey/red, white, blue
Model History & Updates
2016: Yoshimura Special Edition RRP is £9,800 or £10,300 with ABS and gets you a host of extras; Yoshimura R11 exhaust, steering stem nut, hard anodised parts, bar ends, grey/red paint scheme, heel plate trim, wheel trim graphics, paddock stand bobbins, tank pad, matt black levers and pillion seat cowl.
2017: £9,900 Phantom special edition with matt black paint, red detailing, black KYB fork and black exhaust / levers / foot pegs / foot rests. Carbon edition is £10,000 with ABS, colour coded calipers, wheel tape and Carbon hugger / crankcase cover / clutch cover / alternator cover.
Power bump up to 148 bhp, new slipper clutch and blacked out levers / pegs.
Up And Down The Range
The GSX-S1000F is essentially the same bike but with more of a fairing for sports touring use, a 5 mm lower seat and ABS as standard.