Suzuki GSX-S950 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-S950 is an A2 friendly naked bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 999 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 93.7 bhp at 7,800 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm. Restricted for the A2 licence it makes 47 bhp at 6,100 rpm and maximum torque at 3,250 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Bosch ABS system
- Traction control with 3 modes and off
- Ride modes: Active, Basic, Comfort
- Slip and assist clutch
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- LED lighting all round
- LCD dash
- Easy start system
- Low RPM assist
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
To achieve this Suzuki have tweaked the engine to make under 94 bhp / 70 kW, which once restricted makes the A2 compliant 47 bhp / 35 kW and cunningly still leaves plenty of power to be unlocked once you gain your full licence.
It looks like Suzuki have re-mastered the engine's torque curve, instead of physically changing the engine, with peak power down from 11,000 rpm to 7,800 rpm and peak torque from 9,250 rpm to 6,500 rpm. Other changes include lower spec Tokico front calipers and a lower spec KYB fork.
The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Roadsport 2 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the heated grips, mini fly screen, pillion seat cover, billet levers, lever guards, premium seat and a range of Carbon bits.
- 2021: Black, blue/silver, white/red
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 94 bhp, 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph, 249 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 170 miles, 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres, 5.0 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm, 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 214 kg, 472 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.439 bhp/kg, 0.328 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- All the torque of the GSX-S1000
- Front suspension
- Heavy and expensive for an A2 restricted bike
- No TFT dash or IMU
- Rear suspension
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: