Yamaha XSR700 For Sale
The Yamaha XSR700 is a neo-retro style bike and is powered by a 689cc parallel twin engine which puts out 74bhp. It's based on the super popular MT-07 modern naked and can be restricted for the A2 licence.
- Looks great, handling, brakes, loads of parts available
- Suspension, non-LED headlight, seat, quiet exhaust, lumpy mid-range
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 689cc parallel twin engine, producing 74bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 6,500rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 282mm wavy discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 245mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Non-adjustable 41mm fork with 130mm travel
- Rear shock with 130mm travel
- LED tail light, LCD console
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's actually 7kg heavier than the MT-07 on which it's based and with a 10mm higher seat. The XSR700 differs in having a two texture leather seat, retro Aluminium fuel tank, fender and headlight bracket.
There are also Aluminium side panels and a stubby rear muffler to compliment the retro look. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Phantom 120/70 tyre up front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£870), high mount exhaust (£1,100), Ohlins suspension, single seat (£135), flat seat (£163), radiator cover (£92), smoked fly screen (£111), LED indicators (£48), knuckle guards (149) and rear rack (£80).
- 2015-2016: Green, grey, yellow/black 60th Anniversary (£6,400)
- 2017: Black, green, grey (radiator now black)
- 2018: Black, grey, red, grey/red (2019)
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary.
2019: XTribute edition launched with inverted dash, off-road bars / pegs, fork gaiters, scrambler style seat, mini LED tail light, gold wheels, black levers and block pattern tyres.
Did You Know?
Yamaha sold 11,000 of them between 2015 and 2017.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (19)
- 1 of 7
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||499||61||560||130 / month|
|2017||376||26||402||100 / month|
|2018||258||0||258||140 / month|
|2019||-||-||-||280 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
How Does It Compare?
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.