Yamaha XSR700 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha XSR700 is a neo-retro style bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 689 cc parallel twin engine, producing 74 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 282 mm wavy discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Non-adjustable 41 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 130 mm travel
- LED tail light, LCD console
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's actually 7 kg heavier than the MT-07 on which it's based and with a 10 mm higher seat. The XSR700 differs in having a two texture leather seat, retro Aluminium fuel tank, fender and headlight bracket.
There are also Aluminium side panels and a stubby rear muffler to compliment the retro look. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Phantom 120/70 tyre up front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£870), high mount exhaust (£1,100), Ohlins suspension, single seat (£135), flat seat (£163), radiator cover (£92), smoked fly screen (£111), LED indicators (£48), knuckle guards (149) and rear rack (£80).
- 2015-2016: Green, grey, yellow/black 60th Anniversary (£6,400)
- 2017: Black, green, grey (radiator now black)
- 2018: Black, grey, red, grey/red (2019)
- 2020: Black, white/red/black
Yamaha sold 11,000 of them between 2015 and 2017.
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary.
2019: XTribute edition launched with inverted dash, off-road bars / pegs, fork gaiters, scrambler style seat, mini LED tail light, gold wheels, black levers and block pattern tyres.
2021: Euro 5 compliant.
Review In A Few
- Loads of parts available
- Looks great
- Non-LED headlight
- Lumpy mid-range
- Quiet exhaust
Launch RRP: £6,250
Capacity: 689 cc (average)
Power: 74 bhp / 55 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 120 mph / 193 km/h (high)
Economy: 55 mpg / 5.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 186 kg / 410 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.398 bhp/kg / 0.297 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left