Honda CB650R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £6,350–£5,100
What Is It?
The Honda CB650R is an A2 licence friendly naked bike with a dash of retro styling which is closely related to the CBR650R sports bike. It's powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Steel twin spar frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa SFF upside down fork with 7-level pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 10-level adjustable pre-load and 44 mm travel
- Adjustable traction control
- Full LED lighting (like the CB1000R)
- 4->1 exhaust system, adjustable brake lever
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Honda have updated the successful CB650F naked bike with their neo retro styling from the hugely popular CB125R / CB1000R, included a fancy colour LCD dash, made the riding position more aggressive with lower bars and knocked 6 kg off the weight.
They have also shrunk the fuel tank a bit, shaved almost 2 kg off the frame, upgraded to an upside down Separate Function Fork (SFF), upgraded the brakes, moved to non-wavy discs, included a slip / assist clutch, added a new wheel design and there's even a clever emergency stop system which flashes the hazards.
Power is also up a smidge, slightly higher up the range. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Metzeler Roadtec 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter (up only), screen, heated grips, 12V socket, under cowl and a range of Aluminium farkles shared with the CB1000R.
Colours: Black, silver, blue, red (our fav.)
Review In A Few
- Easy A2 restriction
- Looks amazing
- Those pipes
- Fancy dash
- Optional quickshifter is up only
- Dash is only LCD
- Needs a tail tidy
Capacity: 649 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,400 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.4 litres / 3.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 202 kg / 445 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £7,000
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: