Honda CB650R Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CB650R is an A2 licence friendly naked bike with a dash of retro styling which is closely related to the CBR650R sports bike. It's powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Steel twin spar frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa SFF upside down fork with 7-level pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 10-level adjustable pre-load and 44 mm travel
- Adjustable traction control
- Full LED lighting (like the CB1000R)
- 4->1 exhaust system, adjustable brake lever
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Honda have updated the successful CB650F naked bike with their neo retro styling from the hugely popular CB125R / CB1000R, included a fancy colour LCD dash, made the riding position more aggressive with lower bars and knocked 6 kg off the weight.
They have also shrunk the fuel tank a bit, shaved almost 2 kg off the frame, upgraded to an upside down Separate Function Fork (SFF), upgraded the brakes, moved to non-wavy discs, included a slip / assist clutch, added a new wheel design and there's even a clever emergency stop system which flashes the hazards.
Power is also up a smidge, slightly higher up the range. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Metzeler Roadtec 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter (up only), screen, heated grips, 12V socket, under cowl and a range of Aluminium farkles shared with the CB1000R.
- 2019-2020: Black, blue, red, silver
- 2021-2022: Black, blue, red, grey
Launch RRP: £7,000
Capacity: 649 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp, 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,400 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 145 mph, 233 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 50 mpg, 5.6 l/100km, 17.7 km/l (average)
Range: 170 miles, 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.4 litres, 4.1 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm, 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 202 kg, 445 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.465 bhp/kg, 0.347 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Model History & Updates
2021: Euro 5 compliant, peak torque now arrives at 9,500 rpm, new 41 mm Showa Separate Function Big Piston fork, improved LCD dash, USB-C socket under seat and front mudguard now colour coded. Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer and this video review from mark pulling.
Review In A Few
- Easy A2 restriction
- Looks amazing
- Those pipes
- Fancy dash
- Optional quickshifter is up only
- Non-adjustable fork
- Dash is only LCD
- Needs a tail tidy
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
For Sale (22)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left