Honda CBR650R For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR650R is an A2 licence friendly mid-range sports bike which replaces the CBR650F. It's powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Steel twin spar frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa SFF upside down fork with 7-level pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 10-level adjustable pre-load and 44 mm travel
- Adjustable traction control
- Full LED lighting
- 4->1 exhaust system, adjustable brake lever
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Honda have updated their successful CBR650F sports bike with a small evolution into the CBR650R by including a fancy colour LCD dash, increasing power a smidge higher up the range and knocking 4 kg off the weight. It's bound to sell just as well and is also available as a naked bike with a dash of retro styling in the CB650R.
They have also shrunk the fuel tank by almost 2 litres, made the riding position a tad more aggressive by moving the handlebars down, upgraded to an upside down Separate Function Fork (SFF), upgraded the brakes, moved to non-wavy discs, included a slip/assist clutch, added a new wheel design and there's even a clever emergency stop system which flashes the hazards. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter (up only), heated grips, 12V socket and tall screen.
- 2019-2020: Red/white/blue, black/red
- 2021: Red/white/blue, black/silver
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
2021: Euro 5 compliant, new 41 mm Showa Separate Function Big Piston fork, improved LCD dash and USB-C socket under seat.
Review In A Few
- Looks amazing in black
- Gear position indicator
- Fancy dash
- Optional quickshifter is up only
- Dash is only LCD
- Needs a tail tidy
Launch RRP: £7,750
Capacity: 649 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,400 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.4 litres / 3.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.454 bhp/kg / 0.339 kW/kg
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: