Honda CBR650R For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR650R is an A2 licence friendly mid-range sports bike which replaces the CBR650F. It's powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Steel twin spar frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa SFF upside down fork with 7-level pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 10-level adjustable pre-load and 44 mm travel
- Adjustable traction control
- Full LED lighting
- 4->1 exhaust system, adjustable brake lever
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Honda have updated their successful CBR650F sports bike with a small evolution into the CBR650R by including a fancy colour LCD dash, increasing power a smidge higher up the range and knocking 4 kg off the weight. It's bound to sell just as well and is also available as a naked bike with a dash of retro styling in the CB650R.
They have also shrunk the fuel tank by almost 2 litres, made the riding position a tad more aggressive by moving the handlebars down, upgraded to an upside down Separate Function Fork (SFF), upgraded the brakes, moved to non-wavy discs, included a slip/assist clutch, added a new wheel design and there's even a clever emergency stop system which flashes the hazards. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter (up only), heated grips, 12V socket and tall screen.
Colours: Red, black (our fav.)
Did You Know?
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
Review In A Few
- Looks amazing in black, gear position indicator, fancy dash, suspension, brakes, sound
- Dash is only LCD, optional quickshifter is up only, screen, needs a tail tidy
Capacity: 649 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,400 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.4 litres / 3.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.454 bhp/kg / 0.339 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £7,750
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: