Honda CBR650R For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR650R is an A2 licence friendly mid-range sports bike which replaces the CBR650F. It's powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Steel twin spar frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa SFF upside down fork with 7-level pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 10-level adjustable pre-load and 44 mm travel
- Adjustable traction control
- Full LED lighting
- 4->1 exhaust system, adjustable brake lever
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Honda have updated their successful CBR650F sports bike with a small evolution into the CBR650R by including a fancy colour LCD dash, increasing power a smidge higher up the range and knocking 4 kg off the weight. It's bound to sell just as well and is also available as a naked bike with a dash of retro styling in the CB650R.
They have also shrunk the fuel tank by almost 2 litres, made the riding position a tad more aggressive by moving the handlebars down, upgraded to an upside down Separate Function Fork (SFF), upgraded the brakes, moved to non-wavy discs, included a slip/assist clutch, added a new wheel design and there's even a clever emergency stop system which flashes the hazards. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a quickshifter (up only), heated grips, 12V socket and tall screen.
- 2019-2020: Red/white/blue, black/red
- 2021: Red/white/blue, black/silver
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
Launch RRP: £7,750
Capacity: 649 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,400 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.4 litres / 3.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.454 bhp/kg / 0.339 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Looks amazing in black
- Gear position indicator
- Fancy dash
- Optional quickshifter is up only
- Dash is only LCD
- Needs a tail tidy
2021: Euro 5 compliant, new 41 mm Showa Separate Function Big Piston fork, improved LCD dash and USB-C socket under seat. Check out this video review from EnglishBikerDan.
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left