Honda CBR500R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (785 mm / 30.9 inches)
- Weight: Average (192 kg / 423 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.1 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (75 mpg / 3.8 l/100km / 26.5 km/l)
- Range: Very High (280 miles / 451 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (471 cc)
- Power: Average (47 bhp / 35 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.245 bhp/kg / 0.183 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,600 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,100
For Sale (16)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from mark pulling.
What Is It?
The Honda CBR500R is an A2 licence friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 471 cc parallel twin engine, producing 46.9 bhp at 8,600 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel frame and swingarm
- 320 mm wavy disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 240 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS system
- 41 mm fork with adjustable pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 9-level adjustable pre-load
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the previous model Honda have re-designed the handlebars, tweaked the riding position to be a bit lower, re-styled the fairings, added a modern assist / slipper clutch, tweaked the engine output a bit for improved low down torque, added a new reverse LCD dash with gear position indicator, switched the shock to one from the larger models, improved the exhaust sound, added their fancy emergency stop hazard flashing system, upgraded to LED indicators and knocked 2 kg off the weight.
Accessories include a tall screen, heated grips, 35 litre top box, pillion seat cowl and 12V socket.
- 2019-2021: Black/red, white/green, red/white/blue
- 2022: Black/grey, red/black/white
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
Model History & Updates
2022: Showa 41 mm SFF-BP upside down fork, dual front 292 mm discs with radial calipers, new lighter swingarm and a more powerful LED headlight. Check out this video intro from Honda and this video review from Mr Darcy & the Ol' Man.
Popularity & How Many Left