Honda CBR500R For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR500R is an A2 licence friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 471 cc parallel twin engine, producing 47 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Steel frame and swingarm
- 320 mm wavy disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 240 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa fork with pre-load adjustment and 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 9 level pre-load adjustment and 105 mm travel
- 6 speed gearbox and fuel injection
It's closely related to the adventure style CB500X and naked CB500F. For 2016 Honda introduced a number of upgrades over the 2013-2015 model. The seat is now slightly lower at 785 mm, ABS is standard, the fairing / light has an aggressive new look, the headlights are now LED and the fuel cap is hinged.
The fuel tank is also a useful 1.2 litres larger, the front forks are now adjustable for pre-load, the exhaust sees a re-design with better mass centralisation, the seat and rear end see a bit of a makeover and the engine is now painted bronze. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a Carbon look mudguard, high screen, heated grips, top box, panniers, seat cowl and rear hugger.
Colours: Red/black/white, white/blue/black, black/orange/grey
Did You Know?
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
2017: Euro 4 compliant.
Review In A Few
- Big bike looks
Launch RRP: £5,600
Capacity: 471 cc (average)
Power: 47 bhp / 35 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 70 mpg / 4.0 L/100km (good)
Range: 260 miles / 418 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 16.7 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 785 mm / 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 194 kg / 428 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.242 bhp/kg / 0.181 kW/kg
Check out this 800 mile video review from 2Wheel Pursuit.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left