Honda CBR500R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (785 mm / 30.9 inches)
- Weight: Average (194 kg / 428 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.7 litres / 4.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Very Good (80 mpg / 3.5 l/100km / 28.3 km/l)
- Range: Very High (290 miles / 467 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (471 cc)
- Power: Average (47 bhp / 35 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.242 bhp/kg / 0.181 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £5,600
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this 800 mile video review from 2Wheel Pursuit.
What Is It?
The Honda CBR500R is an A2 licence friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 471 cc parallel twin engine, producing 47 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Steel frame and swingarm
- 320 mm wavy disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 240 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- 41 mm Showa fork with pre-load adjustment and 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 9 level pre-load adjustment and 105 mm travel
- 6 speed gearbox and fuel injection
It's closely related to the adventure style CB500X and naked CB500F. For 2016 Honda introduced a number of upgrades over the 2013-2015 model. The seat is now slightly lower at 785 mm, ABS is standard, the fairing / light has an aggressive new look, the headlights are now LED and the fuel cap is hinged.
The fuel tank is also a useful 1.2 litres larger, the front forks are now adjustable for pre-load, the exhaust sees a re-design with better mass centralisation, the seat and rear end see a bit of a makeover and the engine is now painted bronze. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a Carbon look mudguard, high screen, heated grips, top box, panniers, seat cowl and rear hugger.
Colours: Red/black/white, white/blue/black, black/orange/greyDid You Know?
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
Model History & Updates
2017: Euro 4 compliant.
Popularity & How Many Left