Yamaha YZF-R3 For Sale
The 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 is an A2 licence friendly sports bike and is powered by a 321cc parallel twin engine which puts out 42bhp. It's closely related to the new MT-03 naked bike and was updated in 2019.
What Is It?
- Light, easy to ride at low speed, comfy riding position, suspension, ABS
- Brake lever isn't adjustable, stopping power, lots of heavy steel bits
Yamaha introduced the R3 to sit between the R125 and R6 while also taking advantage of the new A2 market. Power is provided by a liquid cooled 321cc parallel twin engine, producing 42bhp at 10,750rpm and peak torque at 9,000rpm.
- Steel diamond frame and swingarm
- 298mm floating disc up front with 2 piston caliper and ABS
- 220m disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41mm KYB fork with 130mm travel
- KYB Rear shock with 125mm travel and pre-load adjustment
- 10 spoke 17" Aluminium wheels
- 140 section rear tyre with 110 up front (tubeless)
- Dual headlights and LED rear light
- 6 speed gearbox and gear indicator
The engine draws on some of the R1 and R6 tech, such as light weight forged Aluminium pistons and 80% Aluminium-20% Silicon cylinder. It's also a stressed member of the frame.
Much like the R1 the long 573mm asymmetrical swingarm provides straight line stability and links directly to the monocross shock while the weight distribution is 50:50. The similarities don't end there because there is also an air intake between the lights.
The exhaust is a 2 into 1 design with Akrapovic carbon muffler or full stainless steel exhaust system available as options to pimp it.
- 2015-2017: blue/silver/black, black with red detailing
- 2018: Blue/silver, black/red (both new designs)
2017: Euro 4 compliant
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (23)
- 1 of 8
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
- Related Model
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: