Yamaha YZF-R125 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 124.7 cc single cylinder VVT engine, producing 14.8 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- New Steel frame and Aluminium swingarm
- 292 mm disc at the front with four piston caliper
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 114 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch
- LED lighting front and back
- LCD dash with personal greeting
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The 2019 YZF-R125 is a major update for one of the best selling 125cc sports bikes. There's all new styling, which looks very like the non-UK YZF-R15 sports bike and a brand new engine with better acceleration and more efficient cooling system. Like a number of other 2019 models it also now has Variable Valve Timing (VVA in Yamaha speak) for improved torque below 7,400 rpm and improved power above.
Compared to the 2014 model there's also a new dash design which shows the status of the VVT system, a new more comfortable riding position, more seat padding, re-designed exhaust, new mirrors, wider 140 section rear tyre to get the power down, upgraded rear caliper, new brake hose layout and new slightly smaller fuel tank design. The 6 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a Michelin Pilot Street 100/80 tyre at the front and 140/70 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, LED indicators (£104 front/back), heated grips (£140) and billet pegs (£57).
- 2019: Black, blue (our fav.), white, black/blue (Monster Energy Edition)
- 2020: Black, white, blue/grey (new)
Review In A Few
- Looks pretty sweet
- Big bike feel
- Indicators aren't LED as standard
- No fancy TFT dash
- Noisy engine
Launch RRP: £4,500
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 15 bhp / 11 kW (low)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 80 mph / 129 km/h (average)
Economy: 90 mpg / 3.1 L/100km (very good)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 11.5 litres / 2.5 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 142 kg / 313 pounds (light)
Power to Weight: 0.106 bhp/kg / 0.079 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: