Yamaha YZF-R125 For Sale
The 2008 Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike with design elements from their higher capacity sports bikes. It's powered by a 125cc single cylinder engine which puts out 15bhp.
What Is It?
- Looks great, handles great, stops well, light and easy to manoeuvre, reliable, cheap to run and fix
- Highly sought by thieves - get a good lock, high seat, aggressive riding position, buffeting from standard screen
Launched in 2008 the YZF-R125 is influenced by the design of the YZF-R1 and YZF-R6, while being almost the same size as the R6. The liquid cooled single cylinder 125cc four stroke engine provides 15bhp with peak power at 9000rpm.
- 292mm front disc with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- 230mm rear disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- 33mm fork up front with 130mm travel
- Rear monoshock with adjustable pre-load and 125mm travel
- Electronic fuel injection
- Aluminium radiator
- Light weight 5-spoke wheels
- 6-speed gearbox
The race inspired frame is a lightweight steel deltabox design with Aluminium swingarm. To help rigidity the engine is a stressed member of the overall frame. ABS adds 2kg to the weight.
- 2008: yellow/black, red/white/black, blue/white/black, red/black/silver, race rep
- 2009: grey/black, blue/white/black, yellow/black, race rep
- 2010: black, blue/white, white, red/white
- 2011: blue/white/black, white/black, black
- 2012: blue/white/black, red/white/black, red/silver, white/black, black
- 2013: blue/white/black, red/silver, blue/black, white/black/silver, red/white/black, black
Did You Know?
The R125 enjoyed amazing sales of over 45,000 by the time it was replaced by the 2014 model
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (11)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
I purchased my bike as I wanted to get back into riding after a long time away. I was drawn to its styling, performance and good statistics. After riding it for a while I decided to change the colour and change the mirrors for ones with repeaters in to personalise it.
I have found that it is better than is stated in the factory specs, for example my top speed is 88 and I can get 280 miles to a tank. That's well above what is stated.
The YZF-R125 is an all round great bike, it does have aggressive riding position but feels very safe and well balanced. However on long journeys it gives you neck pain as you are looking up all the time. I have ridden from Essex to Yarmouth and back doing around 60-65mph and still had fuel left.
The pros of this bike far out weigh the cons. It is very reliable and well built with cheap servicing and parts. There are also many aftermarket parts if you wish to put your stamp on it.
So far the only negatives I have found is the chain wears out/stretches quite quick compared to others, however it depends on your riding style i.e. harsh acceleration will reduce the service life of the chain and other bits. Another con is that you need to lock it up securely as they are highly sought after.
All in all it's a very capable bike and has enough power to safely ride on the road and keep up with the traffic, it's a lot of fun to ride and you never get a dull ride from it. I give them 9 out of 10 and love every ride.
- Desmond B, 2018
Check out this review from CagerOnTwoWheels: