Yamaha YZF-R125 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 125 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 15 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- 292 mm front disc with Brembo two piston caliper
- 230 mm rear disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- 33 mm fork up front with 130 mm travel
- Rear monoshock with adjustable pre-load and 125 mm travel
- Electronic fuel injection
- 6-speed gearbox
Yamaha's R125 is influenced by the design of the YZF-R1 and YZF-R6, while being almost the same size as the R6. The race inspired frame is a lightweight Steel deltabox design with an Aluminium swingarm and to help rigidity the engine is a stressed member of the frame.
ABS adds 2 kg to the weight. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 100/80 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
- 2008: yellow/black, red/white/black, blue/white/black, red/black/silver, race rep
- 2009: grey/black, blue/white/black, yellow/black, race rep
- 2010: black, blue/white, white, red/white
- 2011: blue/white/black, white/black, black
- 2012: blue/white/black, red/white/black, red/silver, white/black, black
- 2013: blue/white/black, red/silver, blue/black, white/black/silver, red/white/black, black
The R125 enjoyed amazing sales of over 45,000 by the time it was replaced by the 2014 model.
Launch RRP: £3,000
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 15 bhp / 11 kW (low)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 80 mph / 129 km/h (average)
Economy: 85 mpg / 3.3 L/100km (very good)
Range: 260 miles / 418 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 13.8 litres / 3.0 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 136 kg / 300 pounds (light)
Dry Weight: 127 kg / 280 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.110 bhp/kg / 0.082 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £21 / Year (Low)
Review In A Few
- Cheap to run and fix
- Easy to manoeuvre
- Looks great
- Buffeting from standard screen
- Aggressive riding position
- High seat
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left