Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
The 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a 599cc inline four engine which puts out 134bhp. It was originally launched in 1999 with updates in 2004, 2006 and 2017.
What Is It?
Power is provided by a liquid cooled 599cc forward inclined parallel four cylinder engine, producing 134bhp at 14,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,500rpm.
- Die-cast Aluminium Deltabox frame
- Dual 310mm discs up front with radial 2 piston monobloc calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41mm Showa upside down fork with 115mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- YCC-I Chip Controlled Intake
- YCC-T Chip Controlled Throttle
- 4->2->1 exhaust system with Titanium silencer
- 6 speed gearbox and slipper clutch
- Quick release number plate holder
Compared to the 06-07 model the frame has been re-jigged, with some parts stiffer and some parts more flexible. The rear sub-frame is now Magnesium to save weight, the rear shock is lighter and the front brakes less prone to heat fade. Elsewhere the mirrors have been updated, clip-on handlebars moved forward and lowered, the upper and seat cowls re-designed and the lights updated front and back.
The cast Aluminium 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
2010: Re-mapped engine with peak power boosted and a boost to the mid range. Muffler is also slightly longer.
- 2008: White/red/black, black, blue/silver
- 2009: Red/white, blue/white, black
- 2010: Blue/white, black, white
- 2011: White, blue/silver/black, black
- 2012: White/black, blue/white, grey/black, white/red/black
- 2013: White/black, blue/grey, black
- 2014: White/black, blue/black, black
- 2015-2016: Blue/silver, grey/black
Did You Know?
The red/white/black makes a brief appearance in A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (12)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this quick 2016 walk around from TheAK47s: