Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Get a quote with The Bike Insurer
Get a quote with Compare the Market
New Price At Launch: £7,500
Current Prices: £8,400–£3,650
Power: 134 bhp
Engine: 599 cc, 16,500 rpm red line, 160 mph top speed
Economy: 40 mpg
Range: 150 miles from the 17.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 850 mm
Weight 166 kg (dry)
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 599cc inline four engine, producing 134bhp at 14,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41mm Showa upside down fork with 115mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2006-2007 model there's a Showa fork, fuel injection, more power, re-jigged frame with some parts stiffer and some parts more flexible, the sub-frame is now Magnesium, the shock is lighter, front brakes less prone to heat fade, mirrors have been updated, clip-ons moved forward / lowered and the lights updated.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2008: White/red/black, black, blue/silver
- 2009: Red/white, blue/white, black
- 2010: Blue/white, black, white
- 2011: White, blue/silver/black, black
- 2012: White/black, blue/white, grey/black, white/red/black
- 2013: White/black, blue/grey, black
- 2014: White/black, blue/black, black
- 2015-2016: Blue/silver, grey/black
2010: Re-mapped engine with peak power boosted, a boost to the mid range and the muffler is slightly longer.
Did You Know?
The red/white/black version makes a brief appearance in A Good Day to Die Hard (2013).
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (27)
- 1 of 9
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2008||334||320||654||84 / month|
|2009||242||194||436||98 / month|
|2010||207||155||362||37 / month|
|2011||105||69||174||46 / month|
|2012||77||90||167||50 / month|
|2013||84||54||138||27 / month|
|2014||84||61||145||150 / month|
|2015||41||27||68||47 / month|
|2016||23||24||47||68 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk