Yamaha YZF-R6 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Dry Weight: Average (166 kg / 366 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (599 cc)
- Power: High (134 bhp / 100 kW)
- Redline: Very High (16,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,500
For Sale (16)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 134 bhp at 14,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm Showa upside down fork with 115 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2006-2007 model there's a Showa fork, fuel injection, more power, re-jigged frame with some parts stiffer and some parts more flexible, the sub-frame is now Magnesium, the shock is lighter, front brakes less prone to heat fade, mirrors have been updated, clip-ons moved forward / lowered and the lights updated.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2008: White/red/black, black, blue/silver
- 2009: Red/white, blue/white, black
- 2010: Blue/white, black, white
- 2011: White, blue/silver/black, black
- 2012: White/black, blue/white, grey/black, white/red/black
- 2013: White/black, blue/grey, black
- 2014: White/black, blue/black, black
- 2015-2016: Blue/silver, grey/black
The red/white/black version makes a brief appearance in A Good Day to Die Hard (2013).
Model History & Updates
2010: Re-mapped engine with peak power boosted, a boost to the mid range and the muffler is slightly longer.
Popularity & How Many Left