Ducati 959 Panigale For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 959 Panigale is a popular mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 955 cc V-Twin engine, producing 157 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm (4 mm lower)
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa Big Piston Fork
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock
- 8 level traction control
- Ride modes: Race, Sport, Wet (100 bhp)
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch, quickshifter (up only)
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Meet the 959, an evolved 899 with more capacity, more power, more mid range torque, a new gearbox, larger exhaust to meet the new Euro 4 regs and some 1299 derived parts.
The new screen offers more protection and the mirrors get an upgrade however it's 1 kg heavier overall. Luckily the accessories include a 1.6 kg lighter Titanium Akrapovic mini exhaust so you can easily bring the looks and weight back to where they should be.
The 1299 contributes the advanced clutch, ~9,000 rpm secondary injector and performance air filter while the 899 contributes the enlarged engine (same bore but longer stroke like the 1299), brakes, suspension and dashboard.
Of course the 1299 still has a load of lighter and more advanced bits that the 959 doesn't get to play with e.g. downshifter, Magnesium cylinder heads and fancy TFT dashboard.
The 17" 10-spoke wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Colours: Red, white (with red wheels)
Review In A Few
- A bit more powerful than the 899, cool stuff from the 1299
- A bit heavier than the 899, the Euro 4 exhaust
Capacity: 955 cc (high)
Power: 157 bhp / 117 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 200 kg / 441 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 176 kg / 388 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.785 bhp/kg / 0.585 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £13,100
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||181||78||259||250 / month|
|2017||154||65||219||49 / month|
|2018||92||-||92||15 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||Rarely|