Ducati 959 Panigale For Sale
The 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale is a mid-range sports bike and is powered by a 955cc V-Twin engine which puts out 157bhp. It replaced the 899 Panigale and was joined by the 959 Panigale Corse in 2018.
What Is It?
- A bit more powerful than the 899, cool stuff from the 1299
- A bit heavier than the 899, the Euro 4 exhaust
Meet the 959, an evolved 899 with more capacity and power, some 1299 derived parts and a retro exhaust to meet the new Euro 4 regs. Akrapovic are on the case with a Titanium solution to help (1.6kg off) whereas in America they get to keep the small exhaust from the 899.
- Aluminium monocoque frame
- Aluminium swingarm (4mm lower)
- Dual 320mm discs with radial Brembo M4.32 monobloc 2 piston calipers
- Rear 245mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm Showa Big Piston Fork
- Bosch 9MP ABS system
- 6 speed Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC) - 8 level
- Engine Braking Control (EBC)
- Riding modes: Race, Sport, Wet (works with ABS/DQS/DTC/EBC)
- 2-1-2 exhaust system (Steel/Aluminium)
- LCD dashboard with race features
- Slipper clutch
The 955cc Superquadro engine achieves maximum power of 157bhp at 10,500rpm and boosts mid-range torque, while keeping on the good side of Euro 4 noise regs by decreasing internal engine noise. The ride by wire throttle and fuel injection system are still there but the gearbox is new and adds over 1kg to the weight.
The 1299 contributes the advanced clutch, ~9k secondary injector and performance air filter while the 899 contributes the enlarged engine (same bore but longer stroke like the 1299), brakes, suspension and dashboard. Of course the 1299 still has a load of lighter and more advanced bits that the 959 doesn't get to play with e.g. downshifter, Magnesium cylinder heads, fancy dashboard.
Elsewhere the screen offers more protection and the mirrors get an upgrade. In terms of wheels you're looking at 17" 10 spoke alloys with 120mm travel and Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 180 tyres.
Available colours: red or white (with red wheels)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (16)
- 1 of 6
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this walk around from 44Teeth:
and this road test: