Ducati 959 Panigale For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 959 Panigale is a popular mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 955 cc V-Twin engine, producing 157 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm (4 mm lower)
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa Big Piston Fork
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock
- 8 level traction control
- Ride modes: Race, Sport, Wet (100 bhp)
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- Quickshifter (up only)
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Meet the 959, an evolved 899 with more capacity, more power, more mid range torque, a new gearbox, larger exhaust to meet the new Euro 4 regs and some 1299 derived parts.
The new screen offers more protection and the mirrors get an upgrade however it's 1 kg heavier overall. Luckily the accessories include a 1.6 kg lighter Titanium Akrapovic mini exhaust so you can easily bring the looks and weight back to where they should be.
The 1299 contributes the advanced clutch, ~9,000 rpm secondary injector and performance air filter while the 899 contributes the enlarged engine (same bore but longer stroke like the 1299), brakes, suspension and dashboard.
The 17" 10-spoke wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/60 at the rear.
Colours: Red, white (with red wheels)
Up And Down The Range
The 1299 has a load of lighter and more advanced bits that the 959 doesn't get to play with e.g. downshifter, Magnesium cylinder heads and a fancy TFT dashboard.
Review In A Few
- A bit more powerful than the 899
- Cool stuff from the 1299
- A bit heavier than the 899
- The Euro 4 exhaust
Launch RRP: £13,100
Capacity: 955 cc (high)
Power: 157 bhp / 117 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 200 kg / 441 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 176 kg / 388 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.785 bhp/kg / 0.585 kW/kg
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left