Yamaha YZF-R6 Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 118.3 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Four 37 mm carbs
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/60 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 1999-2002: Red/white, blue/white
- 2003: Black/red/white, blue/black/white, black/silver, black/yellow (limited edition)
Launch RRP: £6,300
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 118 bhp / 88 kW (high)
Red Line: 15,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 169 kg / 373 pounds
Road Tax (VED): £69 / Year (High)
2001: New tail with LED light, lighter pistons, improved con rods, improved tyres, U-Lock now fits under seat and 1.5kg lighter.
2003: New Deltabox III frame, 600 cc engine producing 121.4 bhp, maximum torque now at 12,000 rpm, larger airbox, Euro 2 compliant, new 4 lens headlights, new light 5-spoke wheels and now 162 kg dry.
Review In A Few
- Excellent performance without litre insurance
- Cornering speed
- Relatively comfy
- Budget for better brake lines
- Low down power
For Sale (8)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left