Yamaha YZF-R6 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Dry Weight: Average (169 kg / 373 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (599 cc)
- Power: High (118 bhp / 88 kW)
- Redline: Very High (15,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,300
For Sale (14)
Sell Your Bike
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 118.3 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Four 37 mm carbs
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/60 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 1999-2002: Red/white, blue/white
- 2003: Black/red/white, blue/black/white, black/silver, black/yellow (limited edition)
Model History & Updates
2001: New tail with LED light, lighter pistons, improved con rods, improved tyres, U-Lock now fits under seat and 1.5kg lighter.
2003: New Deltabox III frame, 600 cc engine producing 121.4 bhp, maximum torque now at 12,000 rpm, larger airbox, Euro 2 compliant, new 4 lens headlights, new light 5-spoke wheels and now 162 kg dry.
Popularity & How Many Left