Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
The 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a 599cc inline four engine which puts out 118bhp. It was updated in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2017.
What Is It?
- Excellent performance without litre insurance, cornering speed, handling, relatively comfy
- Budget for better brake lines, low down power, finish quality, gearbox
Power is provided by a liquid cooled 599cc parallel 4 cylinder engine, producing 118.3bhp at 13,000rpm and maximum torque at 11,500rpm.
- Aluminum Deltabox II frame
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- 37mm carbs
- 6 speed gearbox
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/60 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
2001: New tail with LED lights, lighter pistons and improved conrods, improved tyres and U-Lock now fits under seat. In total 1.5kg lighter.
2003: New Deltabox III frame, 600cc engine producing 121.4bhp, maximum torque now at 12,000rpm, larger airbox, Euro 2 compliant, new 4 lens headlights, new light 5-spoke wheels. Weight now 162kg dry.
- 1999-2002: red/white, blue/white
- 2003: black/red/white, blue/black/white, black/silver, black/yellow (limited edition)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (13)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this (shaky cam) long term review from fanuzzihd: