Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
The 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a 599cc inline four engine which puts out 131bhp. It was originally launched in 1999 with updates in 2004, 2008 and 2017.
- Looks, speed and handling
- Too rev hungry for the road?
What Is It?
Power is provided by a new liquid cooled 599cc four cylinder engine which produces 131bhp at 14,500rpm and maximum torque at 11,500rpm.
- Aluminium die-cast Deltabox frame
- 310mm discs up front with 2 piston radial calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- Titanium valves and twin fuel injectors
- 41mm throttle bodies
- Programmable shift light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system with Titanium silencer
- 6 speed transmission and slipper clutch
Compared to the 04-05 model the new engine is capable of a much higher rpm, 17,500rpm red line and is more powerful. The YCCT chip controlled throttle has been introduced, the chassis is stiffer, the exhaust more centralised to help with focusing the centre of gravity, the fairings visually sharper and the suspension upgraded.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear
- 2006: White/red, blue/white, black (Raven), yellow/black 50th Anniversary Edition
- 2007: White/red, blue/white/grey, black/silver
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!