Yamaha YZF-R6 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 131 bhp at 14,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Four 37 mm carbs
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2004-2005 model there's larger front discs, a new more powerful engine with Titanium valves, much higher red line, ride by wire, a stiffer chassis, smaller exhaust to help mass centralisation, brand new styling, upgraded suspension and a slipper clutch.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2006: White/red, blue/white, black (Raven), yellow/black 50th Anniversary Edition
- 2007: White/red, blue/white/grey, black/silver
Launch RRP: £6,600
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 131 bhp, 98 kW (high)
Red Line: 17,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 160 mph, 257 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 150 miles, 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres, 4.6 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm, 33.5 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 162 kg, 357 pounds
Road Tax (VED): £69 / Year (high)
Review In A Few
- Too rev hungry for the road?
For Sale (10)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left