Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 131 bhp at 14,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Four 37 mm carbs
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2004-2005 model there's larger front discs, a new more powerful engine with Titanium valves, much higher red line, ride by wire, a stiffer chassis, smaller exhaust to help mass centralisation, brand new styling, upgraded suspension and a slipper clutch.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2006: White/red, blue/white, black (Raven), yellow/black 50th Anniversary Edition
- 2007: White/red, blue/white/grey, black/silver
Review In A Few
- Too rev hungry for the road?
Launch RRP: £6,600
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 131 bhp / 98 kW (high)
Red Line: 17,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 162 kg / 357 pounds
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left