Yamaha YZF-R6 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Dry Weight: Average (162 kg / 357 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.5 litres / 4.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (160 mph / 257 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (599 cc)
- Power: High (131 bhp / 98 kW)
- Redline: Very High (17,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,600
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 131 bhp at 14,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Four 37 mm carbs
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2004-2005 model there's larger front discs, a new more powerful engine with Titanium valves, much higher red line, ride by wire, a stiffer chassis, smaller exhaust to help mass centralisation, brand new styling, upgraded suspension and a slipper clutch.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2006: White/red, blue/white, black (Raven), yellow/black 50th Anniversary Edition
- 2007: White/red, blue/white/grey, black/silver
Popularity & How Many Left