Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 600 cc inline four engine, producing 124.3 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 12,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Four 37 mm carbs
- LED tail light
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 1999-2003 model there's a new more powerful engine, improved frame design, the engine performs better at medium revs, there's 2 mm larger injection bodies for more tuning potential, optimised air funnels, the front discs are 12 mm larger, the wheels lighter and the front tyre is slightly larger.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2004: Red/white, blue/white, grey/white
- 2005: Red/white, blue/white, black, yellow R46 special
2005: Power increased by 3 bhp with a revised engine map and larger throttle bodies, new upside down Kayaba fork and larger 310 mm discs with radial calipers from the YZF-R1.
Review In A Few
- Excellent performance without litre insurance
- Cornering speed
- Finish quality
Launch RRP: £7,350
Capacity: 600 cc (average)
Power: 124 bhp / 92 kW (high)
Red Line: 15,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 163 kg / 359 pounds
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left