Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
The 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a 600cc inline four engine which puts out 124bhp. It was originally launched in 1999 with updates in 2006, 2008 and 2017.
Pros / Cons
- Excellent performance without litre insurance, cornering speed, handling
- Finish quality
What Is It?
Power is provided by a liquid cooled 600cc parallel 4 cylinder engine, producing 124.3bhp at 13,000rpm and maximum torque at 13,000rpm. The engine is a stressed member of the frame.
- Aluminium die-cast Deltabox III frame
- Dual 298mm discs up front with monobloc 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- 4->2->1 Aluminium exhaust system
- Aluminium clip-on bars
- Programmable shift light
- LED tail light
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the previous generation the engine performs better at high revs, 2mm larger injection bodies for more tuning potential and optimised air funnels. The front brake discs are 12mm larger and the front tyre is slightly larger; the 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
2005 saw Yamaha increase the power by 3bhp with a revised engine map and larger throttle bodies. They also switched to an upside down 12mm Kayaba fork and bought over the larger 310mm discs with radial calipers from the YZF-R1.
- 2004: red/white, blue/white, grey/white
- 2005: red/white, blue/white, black, yellow R46 special
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|