Yamaha YZF-R125 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 124.7 cc single cylinder engine, producing 15 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel Deltabox frame with Aluminium swingarm
- 292 mm disc up front with Brembo two piston caliper
- 230 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- 41 mm upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 118 mm travel
- New electronic fuel injection
- Aluminium pillion pegs
- 6 speed gearbox
Upgrades over the 2008-2013 model include an R6 style dual-headlight fairing with air intake between the headlights, revised rear suspension, new LCD dash, more rigid fork, a higher seat, lower fuel capacity and better fuel economy but it weighs 2 kg more.
It's based on the chassis of the excellent naked MT-125 and has over 70 new components. The 12-spoke 17" wheels take a 100/80 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories include the double bubble screen, Akrapovic silencer, tank bag and 12V socket.
- 2014: Blue/black, red/black, white/black, black, race rep yellow
- 2015: Blue/black, red/white/black, silver/blue/black, black
- 2016: Silver/blue/black, red/black, black
- 2017-2018: Black, red, blue (new stealthier designs for 2018)
Review In A Few
- Good suspension
- R6 big bike feel
- Cheap to run
- Stylish looks
- Build quality
- Reasonably expensive to buy
- Not pillion friendly
- Plastic tank
- Top speed
Launch RRP: £4,350
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 15 bhp / 11 kW (low)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 80 mph / 129 km/h (average)
Economy: 90 mpg / 3.1 L/100km (very good)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 11.5 litres / 2.5 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 140 kg / 309 pounds (light)
Dry Weight: 129 kg / 284 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.107 bhp/kg / 0.080 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left