Yamaha MT-125 For Sale
The 2014 Yamaha MT-125 is a premium learner friendly naked bike based on the YZF-R125 sports bike. It's powered by a 125cc single cylinder engine which puts out the full 15bhp.
What Is It?
- Looks, comfort, build quality, handling, brakes, dash
- Plastic tank, no gear indicator, levers, large turning circle, tall seat
The MT-125 launched in 2014 with a single cylinder liquid cooled 4 stroke engine, producing 14.8bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,000rpm. It's basically a naked version of the YZF-R125, with styling similar to the full size MT-07 and MT-09 naked models, wider handlebars and a shorter fuel tank so the rider sits 4cm further forward.
- Steel deltabox frame
- 292mm floating front disc with 2 piston radial mount caliper
- 230mm rear disc with single piston caliper
- Front 41mm upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Rear mono shock with 114mm travel
- Lightweight alloy Y spoke wheels
- LCD console showing clock, mpg, petrol gauge, trip time and average speed
- LED tail light and front day lights
- Suede finish seats
- 6 speed gearbox
In 2015 the standard model retailed for £3899, with the ABS version costing £200 more. ABS was added as standard in 2016 adding 2kg and Yamaha claim an 11% fuel efficiency increase over the introductory 2014 model. The 17" wheels take a Michelin 100/80 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories include an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£560), chain guard (£73), radiator cover (£81), 39 litre top box (£118), fly screen (£88), handguards (£60), engine bars (£121), comfort seat (£155), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2014-2016: Red, grey and silver with blue wheels. In 2016 the Night Fluo scheme is rolled out to the MT-125 (black with vibrant yellow wheels)
- 2017-2018: Black, grey with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels, white with red wheels (2019)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (84)
- 1 of 28
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
- Related Model
Check out this review from CagerOnTwoWheels:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|