Yamaha MT-125 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-125 is a premium learner friendly naked bike based on the R125 sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 125 cc single cylinder engine, producing 14.8 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel deltabox frame
- 292 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 230 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear mono shock with 114 mm travel
- LCD dash with clock, mpg, petrol gauge, trip time and average speed
- LED tail light and position lights
- Suede finish seat
- 6 speed gearbox
It's basically a naked version of the YZF-R125 sports bike, with styling similar to the full size MT-07 and MT-09 models, wider handlebars and a shorter fuel tank so the rider sits 4 cm further forward. The 12-spoke 17" wheels take a Michelin 100/80 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories include ABS (£200), Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£560), chain guard (£73), radiator cover (£81), 39 litre top box (£118), fly screen (£88), handguards (£60), engine bars (£121), comfort seat (£155), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2014-2016: Red, grey, silver with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels (2016)
- 2017-2018: Black, grey with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels, white with red wheels (2019)
2016: ABS now standard, adding 2 kg and Yamaha claim an 11% fuel efficiency increase over the original.
Review In A Few
- Build quality
- Large turning circle
- No gear indicator
- Plastic tank
- Tall seat
Launch RRP: £3,900
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 15 bhp / 11 kW (low)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 70 mph / 113 km/h (average)
Economy: 100 mpg / 2.8 L/100km (very good)
Range: 250 miles / 402 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 11.5 litres / 2.5 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 140 kg / 309 pounds (light)
Dry Weight: 128 kg / 282 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.107 bhp/kg / 0.080 kW/kg
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left