Yamaha MT-125 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (810 mm / 31.9 inches)
- Weight: Light (140 kg / 309 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (11.5 litres / 3.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Very Good (100 mpg / 2.8 l/100km / 35.4 km/l)
- Range: High (250 miles / 402 km)
- Top Speed: Average (70 mph / 113 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (125 cc)
- Power: Low (15 bhp / 11 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.107 bhp/kg / 0.080 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Low (£22 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £3,900
For Sale (10)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-125 is a premium learner friendly naked bike based on the R125 sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 125 cc single cylinder engine, producing 14.8 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel deltabox frame
- 292 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 230 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear mono shock with 114 mm travel
- LCD dash with clock, mpg, petrol gauge, trip time and average speed
- LED tail light and position lights
- Suede finish seat
- 6 speed gearbox
It's basically a naked version of the YZF-R125 sports bike, with styling similar to the full size MT-07 and MT-09 models, wider handlebars and a shorter fuel tank so the rider sits 4 cm further forward. The 12-spoke 17" wheels take a Michelin 100/80 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories include ABS (£200), Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£560), chain guard (£73), radiator cover (£81), 39 litre top box (£118), fly screen (£88), handguards (£60), engine bars (£121), comfort seat (£155), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2014-2016: Red, grey, silver with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels (2016)
- 2017-2018: Black, grey with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels, white with red wheels (2019)
Model History & Updates
2016: ABS now standard, adding 2 kg and Yamaha claim an 11% fuel efficiency increase over the original.
Popularity & How Many Left