Yamaha MT-125 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 2 of 10
Current Prices: £3,800–£2,050
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-125 is a premium learner friendly naked bike based on the R125 sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 125 cc single cylinder engine, producing 14.8 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel deltabox frame
- 292 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 230 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear mono shock with 114 mm travel
- LCD dash with clock, mpg, petrol gauge, trip time and average speed
- LED tail light and position lights
- Suede finish seat
- 6 speed gearbox
It's basically a naked version of the YZF-R125 sports bike, with styling similar to the full size MT-07 and MT-09 models, wider handlebars and a shorter fuel tank so the rider sits 4 cm further forward. The 12-spoke 17" wheels take a Michelin 100/80 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories include ABS (£200), Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£560), chain guard (£73), radiator cover (£81), 39 litre top box (£118), fly screen (£88), handguards (£60), engine bars (£121), comfort seat (£155), heated grips (£120) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2014-2016: Red, grey, silver with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels (2016)
- 2017-2018: Black, grey with blue wheels, black with yellow wheels, white with red wheels (2019)
2016: ABS now standard, adding 2kg and Yamaha claim an 11% fuel efficiency increase over the original.
- Looks, comfort, build quality, handling, brakes, dash
- Plastic tank, no gear indicator, levers, large turning circle, tall seat
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 15 bhp / 11 kW (low)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 70 mph / 113 km/h (average)
Economy: 90 mpg / 3.1 L/100km (very good)
Range: 230 miles / 370 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 11.5 litres / 2.5 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 140 kg / 309 pounds (light)
Dry Weight: 128 kg / 282 pounds
Launch RRP: £3,900
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||224||71||295||120 / month|
|2015||1,057||215||1,272||340 / month|
|2016||906||153||1,059||500 / month|
|2017||976||79||1,055||480 / month|
|2018||743||-||743||390 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||470 / month|