Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Launch RRP: £16,800
What Is It?
The Yamaha R1 is a premium dedicated sports bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame, swingarm and tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS plus linked brakes
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, wheelie control
- Traction control, slipper clutch
- 3-level engine braking
- 2-level up / down quickshifter
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Four ride modes, TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
Compared to the 2015-2019 model there's an upgraded chassis, fuelling tweaks, a sharper new front end with new light layout, new side fairings, a smoother tank, 5% improvement in aerodynamics, new lighter Titanium lower fairing, new multi level ABS and EBC systems, more rigid airbox design, new lighter throttle sensor, suspension / steering damper tweaks, updated tyres, updated launch control, better brake pads, new tail light design and some exhaust tweaks to further reduce noise and emissions.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax RS11 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a range of Akrapovic exhaust systems, sprint screen and pillion seat cover.
- 2020: Black, blue
The £22,000 R1M has semi-active Ohlins electronic suspension (ERS), TTX36 shock, a new NPX fork, new Carbon front fender and tail cowl, Carbon fairing, wider rear tyre and a range of apps to set custom ride modes, track all the data from the bike and to display a re-run of the race on Google Maps. It's a limited production run with the number stamped on top of the tank.
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 12.4 kpl / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 855 mm / 33.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 199 kg / 439 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 179 kg / 395 pounds
Check out this video from BikeSocial.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (13)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: