Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha R1 is a premium dedicated sports bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame, swingarm and tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS plus linked brakes
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, wheelie control
- Traction control, slipper clutch
- 3-level engine braking
- 2-level up / down quickshifter
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Four ride modes
- TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
Compared to the 2015-2019 model there's an upgraded chassis, fuelling tweaks, a sharper new front end with new light layout, new side fairings, a smoother tank, 5% improvement in aerodynamics, new lighter Titanium lower fairing, new multi level ABS and EBC systems, more rigid airbox design, new lighter throttle sensor, suspension / steering damper tweaks, updated tyres, updated launch control, better brake pads, new tail light design and some exhaust tweaks to further reduce noise and emissions.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax RS11 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a range of Akrapovic exhaust systems, sprint screen and pillion seat cover.
- 2020: Black, blue
Up And Down The Range
The £22,000 R1M has semi-active Ohlins electronic suspension (ERS), TTX36 shock, a new NPX fork, new Carbon front fender and tail cowl, Carbon fairing, wider rear tyre and a range of apps to set custom ride modes, track all the data from the bike and to display a re-run of the race on Google Maps. It's a limited production run with the number stamped on top of the tank.
Review In A Few
- Even more rider aids
- Loads of power
- Excellent dash
- Aggressive riding position
- Heavy on the fuel
- Hard seat
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 855 mm / 33.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 199 kg / 439 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 179 kg / 395 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.990 bhp/kg / 0.738 kW/kg
Check out this video from BikeSocial.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: