Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc four cylinder engine, producing 182 bhp at 12,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with six piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Combined braking system
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- Three ride modes
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2009-2011 model there's now a 6-level traction control system, a small tweak to the nose to make it look meaner, LED position lights, improved low to mid range fuelling and minor tweaks to the muffler end caps, heat shields and pegs.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier II 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- 2012: White/black/gold, blue/white/black, grey/black, white/red/black (50th)
- 2013: White/black, blue/black/silver, blue/black, grey/black, red/black
- 2014: White/black/red, black/blue, grey/black, red/black, white/blue
Review In A Few
- Awesome engine, easy to use power, reasonably comfortable, sounds great
- Limited range, exhaust can get hot
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 182 bhp / 136 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 188 kg / 415 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.883 bhp/kg / 0.659 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £12,000
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2012||188||116||304||23 / month|
|2013||143||52||195||81 / month|
|2014||151||57||208||64 / month|