Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
The 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four engine which puts out 182bhp. It was originally launched in 1998 with updates in 2004, 2007, 2009 and 2015.
- Awesome engine, easy to use power, reasonably comfortable, sounds great
- Limited range, exhaust can get hot
What Is It?
To better compete with the S1000RR gadgets Yamaha included a seven stage traction control system which can be toned up or down to suit your style. There was also a very minor tweak to the nose to make it look meaner and a small low-mid speed ECU tweak. The liquid cooled 998cc four cylinder engine achieve maximum power of 182bhp at 12,500rpm.
- Twin spar deltabox Aluminium frame
- Dual 310mm discs with 6 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I)
- Three D-Mode riding modes
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
- LED tail light
Elsewhere the muffler end caps, heat shields and footrests saw a small re-design.
Colours and RRP:
- 2012: White/black/gold, blue/white/black, grey/black, white/red/black (50th anniversary edition)
- 2013: White/black, blue/black/silver, blue/black, grey/black, red/black
- 2014: White/black/red, black/blue, grey/black, red/black, white/blue
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (12)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with We Want Your Motorbike today:
Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!