Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
The 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four engine which puts out 182bhp. It was originally launched in 1998 with updates in 2004, 2007, 2009, 2015 and 2020.
Pros / Cons
- Awesome engine, easy to use power, reasonably comfortable, sounds great
- Limited range, exhaust can get hot
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 998cc four cylinder engine, producing 182bhp at 12,500rpm and maximum torque at 10,000rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with 3 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Combined braking system
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- Three ride modes
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2009-2011 model there's now a 6-level traction control system, a small tweak to the nose to make it look meaner, LED position lights, improved low to mid range fuelling and minor tweaks to the muffler end caps, heat shields and pegs.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier II 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- 2012: White/black/gold, blue/white/black, grey/black, white/red/black (50th)
- 2013: White/black, blue/black/silver, blue/black, grey/black, red/black
- 2014: White/black/red, black/blue, grey/black, red/black, white/blue
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2012||188||116||304||110 / month|
|2013||143||52||195||73 / month|
|2014||151||57||208||170 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|