Ducati 1199 Panigale For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 1199 Panigale is a premium dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,198 cc Superquadro V-Twin engine, producing 195 bhp at 10,750 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single-sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Adjustable 50 mm Marzocchi fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Steering damper
- Ride modes: Wet (120 bhp), Sport, Race
- 8-level traction control, engine braking control
- TFT dash, LED positioning lights
- Slipper clutch
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 1198 there's an extra 25 bhp, a new non-trellis frame, the engine is now a stressed member of the frame, the exhaust is back under the engine for improved mass centralisation, the swingarm is 39 mm longer and 10 kg has been shaved off the weight. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/55 at the rear.
Around 5 kg of the savings can be directly attributed to the new frame and 2.9 kg to the new fuel tank. The rest of the weight loss comes from the lighter Aluminium rear sub-frame, Magnesium front sub-frame, 1 kg lighter fork and 0.5 kg lighter calipers.
Accessories include the ABS system (2.5 kg), Termignoni exhaust, quickshifter and GPS data logger.
Colours: Red, white
The £19,750 Panigale S gets you the full LED lighting package, ABS, quickshifter, Ohlins electronically adjustable suspension and lighter wheels.
Did You Know?
A purple 1199 Panigale is seen in Kick-Ass 2, being ridden by Hit Girl.
Review In A Few
- A track bike for the road
- Electronics package
- Can get hot in traffic
- Fuel consumption
- Slippery pegs
Capacity: 1,198 cc (very high)
Power: 195 bhp / 145 kW (very high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 170 mph / 274 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 110 miles / 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 188 kg / 415 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 164 kg / 362 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 1.037 bhp/kg / 0.773 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £15,000
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2012||166||142||308||22 / month|
|2013||87||63||150||51 / month|
|2014||80||35||115||75 / month|