Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
The 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four engine which puts out 182bhp. It was originally launched in 1998 with updates in 2004, 2007, 2012 and 2015.
Pros / Cons
- Power, torque, speed, handling, engine sound
- Limited range, tricky in traffic, exhaust can get hot in traffic
What Is It?
The R1 celebrated its 10th anniversary in style with a new irregular firing interval Crossplane crank engine derived from MotoGP. Yamaha claimed the low end torque of a V-Twin and high end speed of an inline four engine. It sits in a brand new chassis and is once again a stressed member of the frame.
There is also a secondary injector in the fuel injection system, for improved mid range acceleration. The liquid cooled 998cc four cylinder achieves maximum power of 182bhp at 12,500rpm.
- Deltabox twin spar Aluminium frame
- Dual 310mm discs up front with radial 6 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with single piston Nissin caliper
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel and low/high speed dampening adjustments
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) with 3 modes
- New console with gear indicator
- 4-2-1-2 Titanium exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
- LED tail light
Other upgrades include new triangular mufflers, a light weight Magnesium rear frame and adjustable foot rests. There is also a new fairing with only two lights however both can switch between low and high beam.
- 2009: Blue/black/white, red/white/black, black
- 2010: Blue/white/black, white/black, red/white/black, blue/silver/black, black
- 2011: Blue/white/black, white/black, red/black, black
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|