Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc four cylinder engine, producing 182 bhp at 12,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with six piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Combined braking system
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- 4->2->1->2 Titanium exhaust system
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2007-2008 model there's a new Crossplane engine design, a new dash with a gear indicator, three throttle response modes, a new chassis, improved mid-range power, new triangular mufflers, a combined braking system, lighter Magnesium rear frame / pegs and new dual headlight setup but weight is up 11 kg.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier D210 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- 2009: Blue/black/white, red/white/black, black
- 2010: Blue/white/black, white/black, red/white/black, blue/silver/black, black
- 2011: Blue/white/black, white/black, red/black, black
Review In A Few
- Exhaust can get hot in traffic
- Limited range
Launch RRP: £10,000
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 182 bhp / 136 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 182 mph / 293 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 177 kg / 390 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.883 bhp/kg / 0.659 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left