Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc four cylinder engine, producing 180 bhp at 12,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Sumitomo six piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 4->2 Titanium under seat exhaust system
- Slipper clutch, steering damper
- 6 speed gearbox
The theme behind the third generation R1 is handling. Compared to the 2004-2006 model there are new brakes at the front with smaller discs and six piston calipers, an engine change from 20V to 16V, a slipper clutch has been added plus there's a new fork, frame, swingarm and improved mid-range power but weight is up 10 kg.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- 2007: Black, blue/silver/grey, red/white/black, black
- 2008: White/red/black, black, blue/white/black, yellow/black, red
Launch RRP: £9,000
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 180 bhp, 134 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 182 mph, 293 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 160 miles, 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres, 4.8 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm, 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 195 kg, 430 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 177 kg, 390 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.923 bhp/kg, 0.688 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Gets hot in slow moving traffic
For Sale (16)
Sell Your Bike
Popularity & How Many Left