Yamaha YZF-R1 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (835 mm / 32.9 inches)
- Weight: Average (195 kg / 430 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (160 miles / 257 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (182 mph / 293 km/h)
- Capacity: High (998 cc)
- Power: Very High (180 bhp / 134 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.923 bhp/kg / 0.688 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (13,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,000
For Sale (11)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc four cylinder engine, producing 180 bhp at 12,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Sumitomo six piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 4->2 Titanium under seat exhaust system
- Slipper clutch, steering damper
- 6 speed gearbox
The theme behind the third generation R1 is handling. Compared to the 2004-2006 model there are new brakes at the front with smaller discs and six piston calipers, an engine change from 20V to 16V, a slipper clutch has been added plus there's a new fork, frame, swingarm and improved mid-range power but weight is up 10 kg.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- 2007: Black, blue/silver/grey, red/white/black, black
- 2008: White/red/black, black, blue/white/black, yellow/black, red
Popularity & How Many Left