Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
The 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four engine which puts out 180bhp. It was originally launched in 1998 with updates in 2004, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
- Very fast, powerful, comfortable for a sport bike, suspension, brakes, handling, stability, looks
- Gets hot in slow moving traffic
What Is It?
The theme behind the third generation R1 was handling, specifically the power of a litre bike with the handling of a 600. The liquid cooled 998cc four cylinder engine carried over from the 2004-2006 model however 5 down to 4 valves/cylinder design and changes to the compression ratio raised the power to 180bhp at 12,500rpm.
- Deltabox twin spar Aluminium frame
- Dual 310mm discs up front with new radial Sumitomo 6 piston calipers
- Rear 220mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130mm travel
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I)
- Dual Titanium under seat exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed transmission
There was a new frame, swingarm and new front forks while improved mid range power was kept in check with new six piston calipers up front. Elsewhere new ride-by-wire technology was introduced from the 2006 YZF-R6.
Colours and RRP:
- 2007: Black, blue/silver/grey, red/white/black, black
- 2008: White/red/black, black, blue/white/black, yellow/black, red
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (20)
- 1 of 7
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!