Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace For Sale
The 1996 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 1,002cc inline four engine which puts out 145bhp. It was replaced by the YZF-R1.
- On the comfier end of the old thousands like the Blackbird
- A few bits are potentially expensive to fix
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled forward inclined 1,002cc inline four 20 valve engine, producing 145bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,500rpm.
- Aluminium Deltabox frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston monobloc calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 48mm fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120mm travel
- BDSR 38mm carbs
- EXUP exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
The 3-spoke cast Aluminium wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Colours: Red/black, red/white, blue/black
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this quick walkaround from Steven Concannon:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|