Yamaha YZF-R1 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £15,050–£8,350
What Is It?
The Yamaha R1 is a popular dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 197 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame, swingarm and tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Linked brakes, cornering ABS, traction control
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, anti-wheelie
- Slipper clutch, quickshifter
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Four ride modes, TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
Compared to the 2012-2014 model there's a plethora of electronics to aid the rider, cornering ABS, a fancy colour TFT, new fairing, a clever new headlight, a new exhaust layout on the side, 15 bhp more power, a higher red line, 1 litre less fuel capacity and 7 kg shaved off the weight.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic full system evolution Titanium exhaust system (£2,130), Akrapovic full Titanium system (£1,640), Akrapovic slip-on silencer (£670), sprint screen (£115) and pillion seat cover (£200).
- 2015: Red/white, blue/silver, grey/black
- 2016: Blue/silver, red/white, yellow/black 60th SE
- 2017-2018: Black, blue
The £18,750 limited edition R1M adds semi-active Ohlins electronic racing suspension, Carbon fairing, GPS data logger, Magnesium wheels, some light weight Magnesium bits and premium tyres. Less than 500 will be built.
2016: 60th Anniversary edition model for £15,749 featuring a yellow/black/white colour scheme with racing block graphics and an Akrapovic silencer.
2018: Up / down quickshifter with smooth and fast settings.
2019: GYTR 20 unit limited edition with red/white colour scheme, race wiring and ECU, Ohlins FGRT 219 fork, TTX36 GP shock and Akrapovic Evolution 2 Titanium exhaust system.
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 12.4 kpl / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 855 mm / 33.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 199 kg / 439 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 179 kg / 395 pounds
Launch RRP: £15,000
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (24)
- 1 of 8
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||247||159||406||160 / month|
|2016||239||149||388||270 / month|
|2017||138||76||214||23 / month|
|2018||153||-||153||85 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||270 / month|