Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha R1 is a popular dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 197 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Magnesium sub-frame
- Aluminium frame, swingarm and tank
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Linked brakes, cornering ABS, traction control
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB shock with 120 mm travel
- Launch control, slide control, anti-wheelie
- Slipper clutch, quickshifter
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Four ride modes, TFT dash
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
Compared to the 2012-2014 model there's a plethora of electronics to aid the rider, cornering ABS, a fancy colour TFT, new fairing, a clever new headlight, a new exhaust layout on the side, 15 bhp more power, a higher red line, 1 litre less fuel capacity and 7 kg shaved off the weight.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic full system evolution Titanium exhaust system (£2,130), Akrapovic full Titanium system (£1,640), Akrapovic slip-on silencer (£670), sprint screen (£115) and pillion seat cover (£200).
- 2015: Red/white, blue/silver, grey/black
- 2016: Blue/silver, red/white, yellow/black 60th SE
- 2017-2018: Black, blue
The £18,750 limited edition R1M adds semi-active Ohlins electronic racing suspension, Carbon fairing, GPS data logger, Magnesium wheels, some light weight Magnesium bits and premium tyres. Less than 500 will be built.
2016: 60th Anniversary edition model for £15,749 featuring a yellow/black/white colour scheme with racing block graphics and an Akrapovic silencer.
2018: Up / down quickshifter with smooth and fast settings.
2019: GYTR 20 unit limited edition with red/white colour scheme, race wiring and ECU, Ohlins FGRT 219 fork, TTX36 GP shock and Akrapovic Evolution 2 Titanium exhaust system.
Launch RRP: £15,000
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp, 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph, 298 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 35 mpg, 8.1 l/100km, 12.4 km/l (poor)
Range: 130 miles, 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres, 4.5 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 855 mm, 33.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 199 kg, 439 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 179 kg, 395 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.990 bhp/kg, 0.738 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Loads of power
- Excellent dash
- All the toys
- Aggressive riding position
- Heavy on the fuel
- Hard seat
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
For Sale (11)
Sell Your Bike
Popularity & How Many Left