Yamaha YZF-R125 Review
✓Big bike feel, looks pretty sweet, headlight, speed, handling, economy
× Indicators aren't LED as standard, no fancy TFT dash, mirrors, noisy engine
What Is It?
The 2019 Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike which was first launched in 2008 and upgraded in 2014.
Engine: 125 cc Single Cylinder VVT, 15 bhp
Economy: 85 mpg
Range: 220 miles
Seat Height: 825 mm
What Is It Like?
- Excellent handling
- Good tyres as standard (Michelin Pilot Street)
- Torque is adequate but a little on the high end of the revs which makes it feel sportier
- Looks like a bigger bike
- LCD display is great and makes it feel like a more premium sports bike
- Riding position is aggressive but not overly so
- Good on fuel
What's Not So Good?
- A little tall to sit on if you’re a shorter feller like me
- Chain needs tightening more often than I’d like
- 1st and 2nd gears are super short
- Insurance prices
- Jamie G, 2019
Get The Gear To Go With It
Yamaha R125 (2014-2018) - Previous generation without Variable Valve Timing.
Yamaha MT-125 - Naked version of the previous generation R125.