Yamaha YZF-R125 Review (2019)
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 124.7 cc single cylinder VVT engine, producing 14.8 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Seat Height: Average (825 mm / 32.5 inches)
- Weight: Light (142 kg / 313 lbs)
- Economy: Very good (90 mpg / 3.1 l/100km / 31.9 km/l)
- Range: High (230 miles / 370 km)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.106 bhp/kg / 0.079 kW/kg)
- Top Speed: Average (80 mph / 129 km/h)
What Is It Like?
- Excellent handling
- Good tyres as standard (Michelin Pilot Street)
- Torque is adequate but a little on the high end of the revs which makes it feel sportier
- Looks like a bigger bike
- LCD display is great and makes it feel like a more premium sports bike
- Riding position is aggressive but not overly so
- Good on fuel
What's Not So Good?
- A little tall to sit on if you’re a shorter feller like me
- Chain needs tightening more often than I’d like
- 1st and 2nd gears are super short
- Insurance prices
- Jamie G, 2019
Gear & Accessories
Yamaha R125 (2014-2018) - Previous generation without Variable Valve Timing.
Yamaha MT-125 - Naked version of the previous generation R125.
Add Your Review
Do you own this bike? We would love to hear anything good, bad, unexpected or that you have changed plus anything that a prospective new owner might find interesting or useful.