Yamaha YZF-R125 (2019) Real World Review
“ It looks like a bigger bike but it's super light with excellent handling and economy. ”
What Is It?
The 2019 Yamaha YZF-R125 is a premium learner friendly sports bike which was first launched in 2008 and upgraded in 2014.
Engine: 125 cc Single Cylinder VVT, 15 bhp
Economy: 85 mpg
Range: 220 miles
Seat Height: 825 mm
What Is It Like?
- Excellent handling
- Good tyres as standard (Michelin Pilot Street)
- Torque is adequate but a little on the high end of the revs which makes it feel sportier
- Looks like a bigger bike
- LCD display is great and makes it feel like a more premium sports bike
- Riding position is aggressive but not overly so
- Good on fuel
What's Not So Good?
- A little tall to sit on if you’re a shorter feller like me
- Chain needs tightening more often than I’d like
- 1st and 2nd gears are super short
- Insurance prices
- Jamie G, 2019
Yamaha R125 (2014-2018) - Previous generation without Variable Valve Timing.
Yamaha MT-125 - Naked version of the previous generation R125.
Add Your Review
Do you own this bike? We would love to hear anything good, bad, unexpected or that you have changed plus anything that a prospective new owner might find interesting or useful.