Yamaha YZF-R3 First Look
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 321cc parallel twin engine which produces 41.4bhp at 10,750rpm and maximum torque at 9,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 298mm disc up front with 2 piston caliper
- 220mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- KYB 37mm upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 125mm travel
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015 model the fork is now upside down, there's a new R6 style fairing, new LED headlights, new tank design, more aerodynamic screen, 22mm lower bars, completely new LCD dash and the wet weight is down a useful 2kg. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax 110/70 tyre at the front and 140/70 at the rear.
Accessories are likely to include a Stainless Steel exhaust system, Akrapovic slip on muffler, LED indicators and a range of billet parts.
Colours: Black, blue
- Related Model
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this video from Yamaha: