Honda CBR500R For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR500R is an A2 licence friendly sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 471 cc parallel twin engine, producing 46.9 bhp at 8,600 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel frame and swingarm
- 320 mm wavy disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 240 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS system
- 41 mm fork with adjustable pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 9-level adjustable pre-load
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the previous model Honda have re-designed the handlebars, tweaked the riding position to be a bit lower, re-styled the fairings, added a modern assist / slipper clutch, tweaked the engine output a bit for improved low down torque, added a new LCD dash with gear position indicator, switched the shock to one from the larger models, improved the exhaust sound, added their fancy emergency stop hazard flashing system, upgraded to LED indicators and knocked 2 kg off the weight.
Accessories include a tall screen, heated grips, 35 litre top box, pillion seat cowl and 12V socket.
Colours: Black/red, white/green, red/white/blueDid You Know?
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
Review In A Few
- Big bike looks
- Not much!
Launch RRP: £6,100
Capacity: 471 cc (average)
Power: 47 bhp / 35 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,600 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 70 mpg / 4.0 L/100km (good)
Range: 260 miles / 418 km (very high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.1 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 785 mm / 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 192 kg / 423 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.245 bhp/kg / 0.183 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: