Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R First Look
The Kawasaki ZX-6R is a mid-range sports bike and is powered by a 636cc engine which puts out 128bhp.
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 636cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 127.9bhp at 13,500rpm (134bhp with ram air) and maximum torque at 11,000rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm wavy discs with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 220mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable 41mm upside down Showa SFF-BP fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 151mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch, 3-level traction control
- Adjustable levers, two ride/power modes
- LED lighting front and back
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013 model there are new LED headlights in a re-styled fairing, a few tweaks to make it fully Euro 4 compliant and a new up only quickshifter. Both headlights offer high and low beam to avoid the wonky look but the dash is still a basic LCD affair.
The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, Ohlins steering damper and pillion seat cover.
Colours: Black, green/black (+£200)
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this video from Kawasaki: