Triumph Street Twin
- Novice friendly, looks great
- Fiddly stand, heavy for the power
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 900cc parallel twin engine, producing 54bhp at 5,900rpm and maximum torque at just 3,230rpm. It's the same engine as the 2017 Bonneville T100 and RRP is £7,650.
- Tubular Steel frame and swingarm
- 310mm disc up front with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- 255mm disc at the rear with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- ABS system and switchable traction control
- Slipper clutch
- 41mm KYB fork with 120mm travel
- Dual rear KYB shocks with 120mm travel
- Stainless Steel brushed 2->2 exhaust system
- Fuel injection and 5 speed gearbox
- Gear position indicator and LED tail light
- USB socket under the seat
Restriction to 47bhp for A2 licence compatibility is a zero cost option but limits the colours available to red and matt black. The 5 split spoke cast Aluminium 17" wheels takes a 100/90 tyre at the front and 150/70 at the rear.
Options include heated grips, tyre pressure monitoring system, LED indicators, high/low Vance & Hines mufflers, adjustable Aluminium billet levers, tail tidy/fender removal, brown seat, Aluminium sump guard, fly screen, leather panniers and much more.
- Brat Tracker Pack (£1,270): Vance & Hines slips ons, LED indicators, Aluminium sump guard, bench seat and fender removal
- Scrambler Pack: (£1,780): Vance & Hines 2->1 high exhaust, Aluminium sump guard, brown bench seat, LED indicators, brown grips and fender removal
- Urban Pack (£1,120): Vance & Hines slips ons, LED indicators, leather panniers, Ace handlebars and smoked flyscreen
- 2016: Black or for £150 more matt black, red or silver
- 2017: Black or for £125 more matt black, phantom black, silver, white, red
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (15)
£6,991 eBay, 16th July
Finance and Nationwide Delivery available. P/X Welcome
£6,999 eBay, 16th July
£6,495 eBay, 16th July
NATIONWIDE WARRANTY. PX. DELIVERY. FINANCE. PCP
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be:
Insurance Group: 5 of 10
With over 85 years’ experience, you can trust Bennetts to find you the cover that meets your needs for the best price from their panel of insurers. So get a quote on their 5-Star Defaqto rated cover today.
After nearly 12,000 trouble free miles in just over a year I had my first problem yesterday, nail in the back tyre! The bike has run faultlessly throughout sun, rain, snow without missing a beat and returning nearly 70 mpg.
I placed my order in November 2016 for delivery in March for a 17 plate which left me four months to keep revisiting the options list ending up with centre stand, heated grips, fender extender, engine badges, CNC master cylinder reservoir, US Vance & Hines cans, bar end mirrors and LED indicators. Total cost about the same as a stock Bonneville with a two tone tank.
Since then I have added TEC brake levers, clutch bracket, oil filler cap, rear shocks, progressive springs and pre-load adjusters. I changed the tyres at 5,800 as the Pirelli Phantoms seemed to have become tricky in the wet and I lost confidence in them, still about 2mm left on the rear. I went for the Avon Storm 3D XM as they were recommended as an option for the Street Cup and have been delighted with the improvement, especially combined with the suspension upgrade, compliant over potholes and planted on the twisties, rear still had over 3mm after 6,000 miles.
Overall an easy, grunty, agile machine with enough performance to exhilarate without terrifying.
- Richard C, 2018
I qualified 18 months ago and started on a Kawasaki Vulcan, great for a novice but not great for the A and B roads. I bought my 2016 Street Twin in February after trying to find a great classic that would fit my small frame and handle corners easily with confidence.
My silver fox is all that and more. She handles well, sounds amazing, looks classy, is great in all weathers and she has given me so much confidence as a novice. The only thing I would change is the stand, it isn’t easy to find with your foot otherwise perfect.
- Carolyne F, 2018
Is this your bike? Tell us what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this review from Captain Rambunctious: