Yamaha XSR900 For Sale
The Yamaha XSR900 is a modern naked bike, basically the uber popular MT-09, but with a bit of retro styling thrown into the mix and is powered by an 847cc triple engine which puts out 113bhp.
What Is It?
- Looks, engine, power, handling
- Range, suspension
Power is provided by a liquid cooled 847cc inline three cylinder crossplane engine, producing 113.4bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,500rpm.
- Cast Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm floating discs up front with Nissin two piston calipers
- Rear 245mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 6 speed gearbox
- 41mm upside down fork with adjustable rebound damping and 137mm travel
- Rear shock with adjustable rebound and pre-load 130mm travel
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- Traction control with two sensitivity levels
- 3 riding modes (same as the Tracer 900)
- Slipper clutch, gear position indicator
Compared to the MT-09, on which it's based, the XSR900 is 7kg heavier and the seat is also 15mm higher. It differentiates itself with a black frame, slightly firmer suspension, stitched two level seat, Aluminium fenders and headlight stay, retro halogen round headlight and round LED tail light.
Just like the XSR700 the rear subframe can be easily unbolted to produce a single seat bobber style and there are plenty of accessories to fully customise it. The fuel tank is pretty unique though, in that the colours are added via three Aluminium covers (check the pics above) which can be swapped out for many customisation options. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a colour coded Aluminium seat cowl (£270), suede designer seat (£190), Ohlins suspension, Akrapovic high/low exhaust, radiator cover (£96), smoked fly screen (£85), sport screen (£95) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2016: Grey, blue and 60th anniversary black/yellow (£8,000)
- 2017: Grey, blue and black
- 2018: Black, grey, red, blue, grey/red (2019)
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary
2017: The £10,000 XSR900 Abarth special edition launched with only 695 individually numbered units available - check the pics above. You get a carbon fairing and seat hump for full on cafe racer style, low down bars, plus a full Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system and a unique grey/red colour scheme. The first 95 units went on sale 17th Jan 2017.
Did You Know?
It's known as the XS850 elsewhere
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (30)
- 1 of 10
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, in the hope it helps you find the right bike at the right price.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
- Related Model
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: