Yamaha XSR900 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £7,950–£4,850
What Is It?
The Yamaha XSR900 is a modern naked bike with a bit of retro styling thrown into the mix and is powered by a liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.4 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 6 speed gearbox
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 137 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 2-level traction control
- 3 riding modes (same as the Tracer 900)
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position sensor
- Slipper clutch
Compared to the MT-09, on which it's based, the XSR900 is 7 kg heavier and the seat is also 15 mm higher. It differentiates itself with a black frame, slightly firmer suspension, stitched two level seat, Aluminium fenders and headlight stay, retro halogen round headlight and round LED tail light.
Just like the XSR700 the rear subframe can be easily unbolted to produce a single seat bobber style. The fuel tank is pretty unique, in that the colours are added via three Aluminium covers which can be swapped out for many customisation options. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a colour coded Aluminium seat cowl (£270), suede designer seat (£190), Ohlins suspension, Akrapovic high / low exhaust, radiator cover (£96), smoked fly screen (£85), sport screen (£95) and LED indicators (£48).
- 2016: Grey, blue, 60th anniversary black/yellow (£8,000)
- 2017: Grey, blue, black
- 2018: Black, grey, red, blue, grey/red (2019)
- 2020: Black/red, grey/red, white/red/black
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary.
2017: The £10,000 XSR900 Abarth special edition launches with only 695 individually numbered units available. It gets you a Carbon fairing and seat hump for full on cafe racer style, low down bars, plus a full Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system and a unique grey/red colour scheme.
Did You Know?
It's also known as the XS850.
Review In A Few
- Looks, engine, power, handling
- Range, suspension
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 113 bhp / 84 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 195 kg / 430 pounds (average)
Launch RRP: £7,850
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||446||91||537||210 / month|
|2017||435||55||490||350 / month|
|2018||239||-||239||200 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||250 / month|