Ducati Monster 821 For Sale
The 2014 Ducati Monster 821 is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by an 821cc V-Twin engine which puts out 112bhp. It was updated in 2018.
- Good looking all-rounder, brakes, plenty of power
- Non-adjustable fork, pillion pegs can get in the way, snatchy in the city
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 821cc V-Twin Testastretta engine, producing 112bhp at 9,250rpm and maximum torque at 7,750rpm (80% at 5,500rpm).
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium double sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP ABS system with 3 levels
- Non-adjustable 43mm KYB fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs shock with 140mm travel
- 3 ride modes, 8-level traction control
- Stainless Steel 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch, LCD dash
- LED taillight and position lights
- 785mm / 810mm height adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox
It's essentially the M1200 with a smaller engine and a few less shiny bits, such as the 1200's colour TFT dash and fancy single sided swingarm.
The M821 Dark is the black coloured basic model whereas the £200 more expensive red and white paint schemes also get you a red frame and colour coded pillion seat cover. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the 745mm low seat (£173), 830mm high seat (£206), Carbon fibre silencers (£1,050), billet frame plugs (£154), billet mirrors (£269), smoked screen (£242), LED indicators (£69), 25 litre panniers (£883), rear wheel licence plate mount (£408) and a range of Carbon bits.
Colours: Red (red wheels/frame), grey (black wheels/frame), white (red wheels/frame)
2015: £9,495 M821 Stripe edition which gets you a white racing stripe down the red paintwork, a small sport screen / fairing and the fork is also fully adjustable.
2017: Euro 4 compliant engine and grey with red frame/wheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (16)
- 1 of 6
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||105||19||124||13 / month|
|2015||238||41||279||160 / month|
|2016||208||24||232||76 / month|
|2017||146||20||166||200 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
How Does It Compare?
- Related Model
Check out this one year in video review from Nathan Jones.