Ducati Monster 821 For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Monster 821 is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 821 cc V-Twin Testastretta engine, producing 112 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,750 rpm (80% at 5,500 rpm).
- Steel tubular frame and tank
- Aluminium double sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP ABS system with 3 levels
- Non-adjustable 43 mm KYB fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs shock with 140 mm travel
- 3 ride modes, 8-level traction control
- Stainless Steel 2->1->2 exhaust system
- Slip and assist clutch, LCD dash
- LED taillight and position lights
- 785 mm / 810 mm height adjustable seat
- 6 speed gearbox
It's essentially the M1200 with a smaller engine and a few less shiny bits, such as the 1200's colour TFT dash and fancy single sided swingarm.
The M821 Dark is the black coloured basic model whereas the £200 more expensive red and white paint schemes also get you a red frame and colour coded pillion seat cover. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyre at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include the 745 mm low seat (£173), 830 mm high seat (£206), Carbon fibre silencers (£1,050), billet frame plugs (£154), billet mirrors (£269), smoked screen (£242), LED indicators (£69), 25 litre panniers (£883), rear wheel licence plate mount (£408) and a range of Carbon bits.
Colours: Red (red wheels/frame), grey (black wheels/frame), white (red wheels/frame)
2015: £9,495 M821 Stripe edition which gets you a white racing stripe down the red paintwork, a small sport screen / fairing and the fork is also fully adjustable.
2017: Euro 4 compliant engine and grey with red frame/wheels.
Review In A Few
- Good looking all-rounder
- Plenty of power
- Pillion pegs can get in the way
- Non-adjustable fork
- Snatchy in the city
Capacity: 821 cc (average)
Power: 112 bhp / 84 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 785 mm / 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 180 kg / 397 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.544 bhp/kg / 0.405 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £8,795
Check out this one year in video review from Nathan Jones.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2015||238||41||279||190 / month|
|2016||208||24||232||160 / month|
|2017||146||20||166||230 / month|