Yamaha MT-09 SP For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 SP is an upgraded version of the best selling MT-09 naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3-level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable KYB 41 mm fork with 137 mm travel
- Remotely adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 142 mm travel
- Quick shifter (up only), traction control
- Assist and slipper clutch, 3 riding modes
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Like the MT-10 SP Yamaha have taken the standard 2017 revamp of the MT-09 and fitted Ohlins rear suspension, a KYB fork where both legs are adjustable including low / high speed damping, the MT-10's SP colour scheme and the dash is basically the same as the MT-09 but inverted i.e. white on black.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a range of rear springs suited to each rider, fly screen (£108), heated grips (£134), comfort seat (£249), top box (£190), engine protectors (£204) and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£1,083).
2018-2020: Silver/blue (similar to the MT-10 SP).Did You Know?
SP stands for Special.
Review In A Few
- Looks great with the SP paint job
- No fancy dash from the MT-10 SP
- Slightly snatchy throttle
- Limited range
Launch RRP: £9,000
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 114 bhp / 85 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 193 kg / 426 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.591 bhp/kg / 0.440 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left