Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled First Look
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant air-cooled 803cc Desmodromic V-Twin engine, producing 72.4bhp at 8,250rpm and maximum torque at 5,750rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- 330mm disc up front with Brembo M4.32B 2 piston caliper
- 245mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 46mm upside down fork with 200mm travel
- Kayaba rear shock with pre-load adjustment and 200mm travel
- 2->1->2 Termignoni exhaust
- Slip and assist clutch, adjustable clutch lever
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light and self-cancelling indicators
Compared to the original 2017 model the frame is now painted red, the indicators are now clear LED jobs, the headlight now sports a black X with a new LED daytime running light surround, the wheels now have black rims, the seat is a new design, the ABS system upgraded to handle cornering, the clutch control is a lighter hydraulic setup, the controls have been tweaked and the LCD dash now has both gear position and fuel level indicators however overall weight is up 2kg.
Under the seat there is a small compartment with a handy USB charging point while the Steel tank still features the interchangeable Aluminium side panels (with a slightly beefier but compatible design for 2019). The wire-spoked 19" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 170/60.
Options include the low 840mm seat and Bluetooth multi media module for music and text alerts but aftermarket customisation potential is massive.
Colours: White with red frame
Did You Know?
Ducati sold well over 55,000 of the various flavours worldwide since 2015!
- Related Model
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.