Kawasaki Z900RS For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z900RS is a retro style bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 948 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 110 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Nissin ABS system
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 140 mm travel
- 2-level traction control
- Assist and slipper clutch
- LED lights all round
- 4->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 5-level adjustable levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The bike is heavily based on the sporty naked Z900, much like Yamaha's MT-09 / XSR900 relationship, but with a retro look based on the original Z1000 from the late 70s, a more relaxed riding position and the engine tuned for lower down grunt and slightly less power at 110bhp. Kawasaki have also thrown in traction control over and above the Z900.
Cunningly the dash looks like two retro clocks but actually features a modern LCD affair nestled between them with all the usual information. The 20-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop GPR-300 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic silencer, 35 mm lower seat, heated grips, panel to blank off the LCD for a retro look, radiator guard, pillion grab bar, centre stand, mini smoked fly screen, side handle and probably some cafe racer style additions.
- 2018-2019: Black, black/green, orange/brown
- 2020: Black, grey, green/yellow
If you fancy more of a cafe racer look Kawasaki also offer the Z900RS Cafe. The bike is essentially the same but with a cafe racer headlight fairing, lower handlebars, lower mirrors and 15 mm lower seat with more of a pillion hump to make it look more like a racer and it only weighs 1 kg more.
Review In A Few
- Looks, smooth power, dash, tyres
- Exhaust, tyre valves, rubber hoses
Capacity: 948 cc (average)
Power: 110 bhp / 82 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 215 kg / 474 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.512 bhp/kg / 0.382 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £9,900
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: