BMW R nineT For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW R nineT is a premium retro style bike and is powered by an air-cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine which develops 110bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. It's basically the same as the 2006-2014 R1200R, there's a balance shaft to keep the vibrations down and Magnesium cylinder head covers.
- Shaft final drive
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- Rear 265mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- ABS system
- Sachs 46mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Pre-load adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 120mm travel
- LED taillight, running light
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Adjustable levers, 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox
For a bobber look the rear seat and sub-frame are easily removable or you can opt for the hand brushed Aluminium seat hump which includes a small splash-proof storage compartment. The dash is similar in functionality to the R1200R but looks much nicer with a digital centre flanked by two analogue dials for speed and revs.
BMW designed it with customisation in mind and upgrades / parts are constantly expanding due to the popularity of the model. The 17" wire spoked wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and a 180/55 at the rear, but it's possible to fit a fat 200 at the rear as well.
Accessories include the high / low Akrapovic exhaust, heated grips, custom low 775mm seat, performance parts and a range of Carbon bits.
Colours: Black, red, blue, silver (sport)
The £12,990 R nineT Sport adds heated grips, seat hump, high rise Akrapovic exhaust and smoothed seams on the Aluminium fuel tank.
2016: Slightly cheaper R nineT Scrambler launched.
Did You Know?
The R nineT was developed by BMW to celebrate their 90th Motorrad anniversary and the centre of the headlight features a small BMW logo.
Review In A Few
- Build quality, comfy riding position, looks great, easy to customise
- On the expensive side, suspension, dash readability, quite heavy
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 110 bhp / 82 kW (high)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 785 mm / 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 222 kg / 490 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.495 bhp/kg / 0.369 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £11,900
Check out this video review from Guy On a Bike.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||283||98||381||10 / month|
|2015||472||111||583||73 / month|
|2016||367||53||420||94 / month|