BMW R nineT Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (785 mm / 30.9 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (222 kg / 490 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (110 bhp / 82 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.495 bhp/kg / 0.369 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,900
For Sale (9)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from Guy On a Bike.
What Is It?
The BMW R nineT is a premium retro style bike and is powered by an air-cooled 1,170cc Boxer engine which develops 110bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. It's basically the same as the 2006-2014 R1200R, there's a balance shaft to keep the vibrations down and Magnesium cylinder head covers.
- Shaft final drive
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- Rear 265mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- ABS system
- Sachs 46mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Pre-load adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 120mm travel
- LED taillight
- Daytime running light
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Adjustable levers, 12V socket
- 6 speed gearbox
For a bobber look the rear seat and sub-frame are easily removable or you can opt for the hand brushed Aluminium seat hump which includes a small splash-proof storage compartment. The dash is similar in functionality to the R1200R but looks much nicer with a digital centre flanked by two analogue dials for speed and revs.
BMW designed it with customisation in mind and upgrades / parts are constantly expanding due to the popularity of the model. The 17" wire spoked wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and a 180/55 at the rear, but it's possible to fit a fat 200 at the rear as well.
Accessories include the high / low Akrapovic exhaust, heated grips, custom low 775mm seat, performance parts and a range of Carbon bits.
Colours: Black, red, blue, silver (sport)
The £12,990 R nineT Sport adds heated grips, seat hump, high rise Akrapovic exhaust and smoothed seams on the Aluminium fuel tank.Did You Know?
The R nineT was developed by BMW to celebrate their 90th Motorrad anniversary and the centre of the headlight features a small BMW logo.
Model History & Updates
2016: Slightly cheaper R nineT Scrambler launched.
Popularity & How Many Left