BMW R1200R For Sale
The 2006 BMW R1200R is a naked style bike and is powered by a 1,170cc two cylinder Boxer engine which puts out 109bhp. It was thoroughly updated in 2015.
- Comfortable riding position, great handling, brakes, loads of torque, easy to move around
- Budget for a new seat and hugger, soft suspension
What Is It?
The R1200R launched in 2006 to replace the R1150R with almost 24bhp more power, 17% more torque and 25kg less weight. Powered was provided by a new air-cooled four stroke, flat two cylinder 1170cc Boxer engine, producing 108.6bhp at 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. Power reaches the rear wheel via shaft drive.
- Tubular steel frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41mm fork with telelever suspension and 120mm travel
- Rear paralever suspension with 140mm travel
- 6 speed gearbox
Both wheels are 17" cast Aluminium with 120/70 tyres up front and 180/55 at the rear. For maximum comfort the bike can be ordered with three different seats: 770mm / 800mm / 830mm.
In 2010 there was a minor update to the engine which increased the power to 110bhp at 7,750rpm, marginally increased the torque and upped the red line to 8,500rpm. The dash also got a mini re-design.
Options include heated grips, ABS, traction control/Automatic Stability Control (ASC), tyre pressure monitoring (TPM) and electric suspension adjustment (ESA). The ASC works on top of the ABS as one system.
- 2010: Touring Special: Comfort seat and 32 litre panniers.
- 2011-2012: Classic: Wire spoke wheels, black paint with white stripe, silver engine and chromed exhaust.
- 2013: 90th Anniversary: Black paint and matt black engine, grey cylinder heads, gold suspension/brake calipers and grey swingarm.
- 2013: Dark White: White paint, blacked out drive train/wheels/forks, grey frame, sports seat and mini screen.
Available colours: dark grey, light grey and red
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with We Want Your Motorbike today:
Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!