Triumph Thruxton 1200 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £10,000–£6,350
What Is It?
The Triumph Thruxton is a retro cafe racer style bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,200 cc parallel twin engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 6,750 rpm and maximum torque at 4,950 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin two piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shocks with 120 mm travel
- Traction control with off mode, assist clutch
- 3 riding modes: Road, Sport, Rain
- Chromed 2->2 exhaust system
- LED tail light and running light
- USB port under the seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Both Thruxton models are based on the Bonneville T120 engine and chassis but with an emphasis on power over torque. In many ways the Thruxton is a T120 with up swept exhausts, low clip-on bars, bar end mirrors and cafe racer style hump on the seat. The 17" wire spoked wheels take a Pirelli Angel GT 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include heated grips (£189), cruise control, mini cafe racer fly screen (£72), full cafe racer fairing (£680), Vance & Hines performance exhaust kit, Ohlins shocks (£940), lower clip-on bars, pillion seat hump cover (£143), panniers, comfort seat and bullet indicators.
- 2016: Black, white, green
- 2017: Black, white (£150), green (£150), red (£150)
- 2018: Black, green (£150), red (£150)
The more expensive Thruxton R gets a brushed Stainless Steel exhaust system, Brembo brakes at the front, Showa upside down Big Piston fork, Ohlins rear suspension, seat hump cover, clear anodised swingarm, red seat detailing and Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tyres plus it's 3 kg lighter.
Review In A Few
- Looks cool, relatively comfy
- Brakes, suspension
Capacity: 1,200 cc (very high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.5 litres / 3.2 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds
Launch RRP: £10,400
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||86||15||101||99 / month|
|2017||42||6||48||170 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||37 / month|