Triumph Thruxton 1200 For Sale
The Triumph Thruxton is a retro cafe racer style bike and is powered by a 1,200cc parallel twin engine which puts out 97bhp. The Thruxton R builds on it with fancy suspension and brakes.
What Is It?
- Looks cool, relatively comfy
- Brakes, suspension
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,200cc parallel twin engine, producing 96.6bhp at 6,750rpm and maximum torque at 4,950rpm. RRP was £10,400 in 2016 and £10,800 in 2017.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 41mm KYB fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shocks with 120mm travel
- Traction control with off mode, assist clutch
- 3 riding modes: Road, Sport, Rain
- Chromed 2->2 exhaust system
- LED tail light and running light
- USB port under the seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Both Thruxton models are based on the Bonneville T120 engine and chassis but with an emphasis on power over torque, which is great news for accessory compatibility and range. In many ways the Thruxton is a T120 with up swept exhausts, low clip-on bars, bar end mirrors and cafe racer style hump on the seat. The 17" wire spoked wheels take a Pirelli Angel GT 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
The more expensive Thruxton R gets a brushed Stainless Steel exhaust system, Brembo brakes at the front, Showa upside down Big Piston fork, Ohlins rear suspension, pillion seat cover/hump, clear anodized swingarm, red seat detailing and Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tyres plus it's 3kg lighter.
Accessories include heated grips (£189), cruise control, mini cafe racer fly screen (£72), full cafe racer fairing (£680), Vance & Hines performance exhaust kit, Ohlins shocks (£940), lower clip-on bars, pillion seat hump cover (£143), panniers, comfort seat and bullet indicators.
- 2016: Black, white, green
- 2017: Black, white (£150), green (£150), red (£150)
- 2018: Black, green (£150), red (£150)
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (9)
- 1 of 3
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this video from Two Wheel Classics: