Triumph Thruxton 900 For Sale
What Is It?
The Triumph Thruxton 900 is a mid-range cruiser style bike and is powered by an air-cooled 865 cc parallel twin engine, producing 69 bhp at 7,400 rpm and maximum torque at 5,800 rpm. The bike is based on a slightly tweaked engine from the Bonneville T100.
- Steel tubular frame
- 320 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 255 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- 41 mm KYB fork with adjustable pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Dual KYB rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 106 mm travel
- 2->2 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
The Thruxton 900 is largely based on the Bonneville T100 but features premium suspension, sporty upswept exhausts, low clip-on handlebars, bar end mirrors, short front mudguard and a removable cafe racer hump at the rear.
The wire spoked 18" front wheel takes a 100/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 130/80.
Accessories include the Arrow single / double performance exhaust systems, a 12V socket, centre stand, chain guard, comfort seat, cafe racer fly screen, fork gaiters and skid plate.
- 2004-2005: Black, blue, yellow
- 2006-2007: Black, grey, blue, red
- 2008-2011: Black, red
- 2012-2013: Black, red, green
- 2014-2016: Black, green, white (Ace special)
2008: Low clip-on bars changed to ace style (still low but a single bar with a big U in it).
2015: Ace Cafe special edition with white/black colour scheme and special Ace graphics, custom Oxblood seat and a special plaque on the handlebars.
Review In A Few
- Retro cool (especially with the cafe racer screen)
- No fuel gauge or gear position indicator
- Relatively slow
Launch RRP: £7,200
Capacity: 865 cc (average)
Power: 69 bhp / 51 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 230 kg / 507 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 205 kg / 452 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.300 bhp/kg / 0.224 kW/kg
Checkout this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left