Triumph Thruxton 1200 R For Sale
The Triumph Thruxton R is a retro cafe racer style bike and is powered by a 1,200cc parallel twin engine which puts out 97bhp. It builds on the base model with fancy suspension and brakes.
- Looks, brakes, suspension, torque
- On the pricey side
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,200cc parallel twin engine, producing 96.6bhp at 6,750rpm and maximum torque at 4,950rpm. RRP was £11,700 in 2016 and £12,200 in 2017.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Brembo M50 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 43mm Showa upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins rear shocks with 120mm travel
- Traction control with off mode, assist clutch
- 3 riding modes: Road, Sport, Rain
- Chromed 2->2 exhaust system
- LED tail light and running light
- USB port under the seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Both Thruxton models are based on the Bonneville T120 engine and chassis but with an emphasis on power over torque, which is great news for accessory compatibility and range. In many ways the Thruxton is a T120 with up swept exhausts, low clip-on bars, bar end mirrors and cafe racer style hump on the seat. The 17" wire spoked wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
The less expensive Thruxton doesn't get the brushed Stainless Steel exhaust system, Brembo brakes at the front, Showa Big Piston fork, Ohlins rear suspension, pillion seat cover/hump, clear anodized swingarm or red seat detailing. It comes with Pirelli Angel GT tyres and is 3kg heavier.
Accessories include heated grips (£189), cruise control, mini cafe racer fly screen (£72), full cafe racer fairing (£680), Vance & Hines performance exhaust kit, lower clip-on bars, panniers, comfort seat and bullet indicators.
- 2016: Red, grey
- 2017: Black, black/white, grey, red
- 2018: Grey, green, white
2019: Range topping limited edition TFC version launched with loads of fancy bits.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (0)
Unfortunately we haven't seen any for sale today. Please check back later or have a look at similar models.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.