BMW R nineT Racer For Sale
The 2017 BMW R nineT Racer is a cafe racer version of the retro R nineT Pure bike and is powered by a flat two cylinder Boxer engine which produces 110bhp.
- Looks, easy to customise, engine, build quality, handling
- Quite aggressive riding position, suspension, no fuel gauge
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant air cooled 1,170cc two cylinder Boxer engine which develops 110bhp at 7,750rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 320mm discs with Brembo 2 piston calipers up front
- Rear 265mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- 43mm standard fork with 125mm travel
- Pre-load adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 120mm travel
- White indicators and LED rear light
- Shaft final drive and 6 speed gearbox
- Gear position indicator
- Polished Stainless Steel 2->1 exhaust system
- Adjustable clutch and brake levers
- Power socket and ABS
Compared to the standard R nineT the seat is 20mm higher, the wheels are cast Aluminium rather than wire spoked and the forks are standard. The tank is also slightly smaller and made from Steel rather than brushed Aluminium.
It's basically the same bike as the naked R nineT Pure and closely related to the taller R nineT Scrambler. You do get a rev counter as well though like the standard R nineT, unlike the scrambler and the pure which only have a speedometer.
The main features are the cafe racer half fairing, Aluminium seat hump, clip-on handlebars and set back pegs to give the low down riding position.
Options include traction control (Automatic Stability Control / ASC, £310), wire spoked wheels (£330), LED indicators (£100), heated grips (£240), Chrome exhaust pipe (£90) and an alarm. For a pillion you can fit a full seat with the passenger subframe. There are also two optional weave finishes for the Aluminium fuel tank for £920 or £1,020.
The 5 spoke cast Aluminium 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2017: White/red/blue
- 2018: White/red/blue, black/gold
Check out the range of stylish accessories from SW Motech.
2018: A host of BMW Motorrad Spezial finish items are available including black/gold cylinder head covers and seat side plates (check the pics above). Dynamic brake light now standard.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: