Yamaha XJR1300 For Sale
The 1999 Yamaha XJR1300 is a retro style bike and is powered by a 1,251cc inline four engine which puts out 96bhp. It replaced the XJR1200 and was joined by the Racer version in 2015.
- Looks, suspension, brakes, comfort, loads of smooth power
- Limited electronics, only 5 gears, heavy, limited range
What Is It?
It's powered by an air cooled / liquid cooled 1,251cc four cylinder engine, producing 96.4bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and plastic tank
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (from the 98 R1)
- 267mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable dual Ohlins piggyback shocks with 120mm travel
- "Racing plate" Aluminium side covers
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
- Centre stand (until 2014)
It's basically a bored out XJR1200 with a stiffer chassis. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler (£620), heated grips (£120), bar end mirrors (£145), Carbon front fender (£270), mini fly screen (£80), sport screen (£90), side bags (£158) and LED flashers (£89).
- 1999: Black, dark blue, blue/red (SP), red/white/black (SP)
- 2000: Black, silver, blue/black (SP), red/black (SP)
- 2001: Black, blue/silver/black (SP), yellow/silver/black (SP)
- 2002: Black, silver/grey, blue/silver/black
- 2003: Black, blue, yellow
- 2004-2007: Blue, black
- 2008: White, black
- 2009-2011: Black, silver
- 2013: Silver, black
- 2014-2015: Grey, black
- 2016: Black, grey, yellow/black (60th Anniversary Edition)
1999-2003: SP version with special speed block paint scheme, seat and Ohlins shocks (standard after the SP was withdrawn).
2002: New 4->2->1 exhaust system, seat, carbs and 6kg shaved off the weight. Euro 1 compliant.
2004: Lighter wheels, improved brakes, stiffer suspension, new dash and Euro 2 compliant.
2007: Fuel injection, Euro 3 compliant, new Ohlins shocks and LED taillights.
2015: Exhaust system and fork are now matt black, Aluminium side covers and the centre stand is dropped for just a side stand.
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (36)
- 1 of 12
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|
Check out this useful video review from TheLoneWolfRider.