Yamaha XJR1300 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha XJR1300 is a retro style bike and is powered by an air cooled / liquid cooled 1,251 cc four cylinder engine, producing 96.4 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and plastic tank
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers (from the 98 R1)
- 267 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable dual Ohlins piggyback shocks with 120 mm travel
- "Racing plate" Aluminium side covers
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
- Centre stand (until 2014)
It's basically a bored out XJR1200 with a stiffer chassis. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler (£620), heated grips (£120), bar end mirrors (£145), Carbon front fender (£270), mini fly screen (£80), sport screen (£90), side bags (£158) and LED flashers (£89).
- 1999: Black, dark blue, blue/red (SP), red/white/black (SP)
- 2000: Black, silver, blue/black (SP), red/black (SP)
- 2001: Black, blue/silver/black (SP), yellow/silver/black (SP)
- 2002: Black, silver/grey, blue/silver/black
- 2003: Black, blue, yellow
- 2004-2007: Blue, black
- 2008: White, black
- 2009-2011: Black, silver
- 2013: Silver, black
- 2014-2015: Grey, black
- 2016: Black, grey, yellow/black (60th Anniversary Edition)
Launch RRP: £8,600
Capacity: 1,251 cc (very high)
Power: 96 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.5 litres / 3.2 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 829 mm / 32.6 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 240 kg / 529 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 224 kg / 494 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.400 bhp/kg / 0.298 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Loads of smooth power
- Limited electronics
- Limited range
- Only 5 gears
1999-2003: SP version with special speed block paint scheme, seat and Ohlins shocks (standard after the SP was withdrawn).
2002: New 4->2->1 exhaust system, seat, carbs and 6 kg shaved off the weight. Euro 1 compliant.
2004: Lighter wheels, improved brakes, stiffer suspension, new dash and Euro 2 compliant.
2007: Fuel injection, Euro 3 compliant, new Ohlins shocks and LED taillights.
2015: Exhaust system and fork are now matt black, Aluminium side covers and the centre stand is dropped for just a side stand.
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary.
Check out this useful video review from TheLoneWolfRider.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left