Yamaha XJR1300 For Sale
The 1999 Yamaha XJR1300 is a retro style bike and is powered by a 1,251cc inline four engine which puts out 96bhp. It replaced the XJR1200 and was joined by the (Cafe) Racer version in 2015.
What Is It?
- Looks, suspension, brakes, comfort, loads of smooth power
- Limited electrics, only 5 gears, heavy, limited range
Power is provided by an air plus liquid cooled 1,251cc 4 cylinder four stroke engine, producing 96.4bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. It's basically a bored out XJR1200 with a stiffer chassis.
- Steel double cradle frame
- Plastic tank
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (from the 98 R1)
- 267mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable front fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable twin rear Ohlins shocks with 120mm travel
- "Racing plate" Aluminium side covers
- Aluminium handlebars
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
- Centre stand (until 2014)
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear. Yamaha released a 60th Anniversary Edition featuring a tasty black and yellow paint scheme and which retails for £8,900.
- 1999-2003: SP version with special speed block paint scheme, seat and Ohlins shocks (standard after the SP was withdrawn)
- 2002: New 4->2->1 exhaust system, seat, carbs and 6kg shaved off the weight. Euro 1 compliant.
- 2004: Lighter wheels, improved brakes, stiffer suspension, new console and Euro 2 compliant.
- 2007: Fuel injection, Euro 3 compliance, new Ohlins shocks and LED taillights.
- 2015: Exhaust system and fork are now matt black and Aluminium side covers. The centre stand is dropped for just a side stand.
Accessories include an Akrapovic muffler (£620), heated grips (£120), bar end mirrors (£145), carbon front fender (£270), mini fly screen (£80), sport screen (£90), side bags (£158) and LED flashers (£89).
- 1999: Black, dark blue, blue/red (SP), red/white/black (SP)
- 2000: Black, silver, blue/black (SP), red/black (SP)
- 2001: Black, blue/silver/black (SP), yellow/silver/black (SP)
- 2002: Black, silver/grey, blue/silver/black
- 2003: Black, blue, yellow
- 2004-2007: Blue, black
- 2008: White, black
- 2009-2011: Black, silver
- 2013: Silver, black
- 2014-2015: Grey, black
- 2016: Black, grey, yellow/black 60th
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (42)
- 1 of 14
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this super useful review from TheLoneWolfRider:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2003/010, issued 04/08/2003, affected 922 bikes
In extreme circumstances the oil cooler/hose fixing bolts may become loose and allow oil to leak out and contaminate other parts of the motorcycle.
- Vehicle Ids: RP061-00004621 to RP061-0009134
RM/2008/007, issued 22/02/2008, affected 426 bikes
Engine idle speed may become unstable and the engine may even stall whilst the machine is stationary or possibly moving slowly at idle speed as a result of water ingress into the throttle position sensor.
- Vehicle Ids: RP191-0000301 to RP1910002822