Yamaha XJR1300 For Sale
The 1999 Yamaha XJR1300 is a retro style bike and is powered by a 1,251cc inline four engine which puts out 96bhp. It replaced the XJR1200 and was joined by the (Cafe) Racer version in 2015.
- Looks, suspension, brakes, comfort, loads of smooth power
- Limited electrics, only 5 gears, heavy, limited range
What Is It?
Power is provided by an air plus liquid cooled 1,251cc 4 cylinder four stroke engine, producing 96.4bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm. It's basically a bored out XJR1200 with a stiffer chassis.
- Steel double cradle frame
- Plastic tank
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (from the 98 R1)
- 267mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable front fork with 130mm travel
- Adjustable twin rear Ohlins shocks with 120mm travel
- "Racing plate" Aluminium side covers
- Aluminium handlebars
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
- Centre stand (until 2014)
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear. Yamaha released a 60th Anniversary Edition featuring a tasty black and yellow paint scheme and which retails for £8,900.
- 1999-2003: SP version with special speed block paint scheme, seat and Ohlins shocks (standard after the SP was withdrawn)
- 2002: New 4->2->1 exhaust system, seat, carbs and 6kg shaved off the weight. Euro 1 compliant.
- 2004: Lighter wheels, improved brakes, stiffer suspension, new console and Euro 2 compliant.
- 2007: Fuel injection, Euro 3 compliance, new Ohlins shocks and LED taillights.
- 2015: Exhaust system and fork are now matt black and Aluminium side covers. The centre stand is dropped for just a side stand.
Accessories include an Akrapovic muffler (£620), heated grips (£120), bar end mirrors (£145), carbon front fender (£270), mini fly screen (£80), sport screen (£90), side bags (£158) and LED flashers (£89).
- 1999: Black, dark blue, blue/red (SP), red/white/black (SP)
- 2000: Black, silver, blue/black (SP), red/black (SP)
- 2001: Black, blue/silver/black (SP), yellow/silver/black (SP)
- 2002: Black, silver/grey, blue/silver/black
- 2003: Black, blue, yellow
- 2004-2007: Blue, black
- 2008: White, black
- 2009-2011: Black, silver
- 2013: Silver, black
- 2014-2015: Grey, black
- 2016: Black, grey, yellow/black 60th
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (38)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this super useful review from TheLoneWolfRider:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2003/010, issued 04/08/2003, affected 922 bikes
In extreme circumstances the oil cooler/hose fixing bolts may become loose and allow oil to leak out and contaminate other parts of the motorcycle.
- Vehicle Ids: RP061-00004621 to RP061-0009134
RM/2008/007, issued 22/02/2008, affected 426 bikes
Engine idle speed may become unstable and the engine may even stall whilst the machine is stationary or possibly moving slowly at idle speed as a result of water ingress into the throttle position sensor.
- Vehicle Ids: RP191-0000301 to RP1910002822