Yamaha XJR1300 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £6,700–£2,350
What Is It?
The Yamaha XJR1300 is a retro style bike and is powered by an air cooled / liquid cooled 1,251 cc four cylinder engine, producing 96.4 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and plastic tank
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers (from the 98 R1)
- 267 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable dual Ohlins piggyback shocks with 120 mm travel
- "Racing plate" Aluminium side covers
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
- Centre stand (until 2014)
It's basically a bored out XJR1200 with a stiffer chassis. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic muffler (£620), heated grips (£120), bar end mirrors (£145), Carbon front fender (£270), mini fly screen (£80), sport screen (£90), side bags (£158) and LED flashers (£89).
- 1999: Black, dark blue, blue/red (SP), red/white/black (SP)
- 2000: Black, silver, blue/black (SP), red/black (SP)
- 2001: Black, blue/silver/black (SP), yellow/silver/black (SP)
- 2002: Black, silver/grey, blue/silver/black
- 2003: Black, blue, yellow
- 2004-2007: Blue, black
- 2008: White, black
- 2009-2011: Black, silver
- 2013: Silver, black
- 2014-2015: Grey, black
- 2016: Black, grey, yellow/black (60th Anniversary Edition)
1999-2003: SP version with special speed block paint scheme, seat and Ohlins shocks (standard after the SP was withdrawn).
2002: New 4->2->1 exhaust system, seat, carbs and 6 kg shaved off the weight. Euro 1 compliant.
2004: Lighter wheels, improved brakes, stiffer suspension, new dash and Euro 2 compliant.
2007: Fuel injection, Euro 3 compliant, new Ohlins shocks and LED taillights.
2015: Exhaust system and fork are now matt black, Aluminium side covers and the centre stand is dropped for just a side stand.
2016: Yamaha introduces a special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate their 60th Anniversary.
Review In A Few
- Looks, suspension, brakes, comfort, loads of smooth power
- Limited electronics, only 5 gears, heavy, limited range
Capacity: 1,251 cc (very high)
Power: 96 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.5 litres / 3.2 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 829 mm / 32.6 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 240 kg / 529 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 224 kg / 494 pounds
Launch RRP: £8,600
Check out this useful video review from TheLoneWolfRider.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|1999||242||215||457||60 / month|
|2000||635||537||1,172||70 / month|
|2001||542||429||971||73 / month|
|2002||638||425||1,063||41 / month|
|2003||374||296||670||97 / month|
|2004||262||168||430||16 / month|
|2005||366||139||505||110 / month|
|2006||177||64||241||67 / month|
|2007||206||74||280||61 / month|
|2008||256||94||350||130 / month|
|2009||239||84||323||120 / month|
|2010||79||19||98||100 / month|
|2011||50||15||65||37 / month|
|2013||104||25||129||57 / month|
|2014||61||12||73||18 / month|
|2015||98||25||123||230 / month|
|2016||102||25||127||230 / month|
|2017||36||2||38||63 / month|