Triumph Scrambler For Sale
What Is It?
The Triumph Bonneville Scrambler, not to be confused with the newer Street Scrambler replacement, is a retro style bike with a high exhaust. It's powered by an air-cooled 865 cc parallel twin engine, producing 54 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 310 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 255 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- 41 mm KYB fork
- Dual KYB rear shocks with adjustable pre-load
- 5 speed gearbox
It's similar to the Bonneville T100 engine but has a 270° firing interval instead of 360° to help with low down torque.
The wire-spoked 19" front wheel takes a 100/90 knobbly tyre and the rear 17" a 130/80.
Accessories include leather panniers, centre stand, belly pan, comfort seat, side number boards, mini fly screen, engine bars and headlight grill.
- 2006-2007: Red/white, blue/white, green/white
- 2008-2011: Black, green
- 2012: Black, grey
- 2013-2014: Blue, grey, red/silver
- 2015-2017: Black, blue, red/silver
A green one pops up in the 2015 movie Jurassic World.
2010: Fuel injection added, new dual clocks, larger 16.6 litre fuel tank and spiral design brake discs.
2016: New engine design making 58 bhp at 6,800 rpm, peak torque at 4,750 rpm and 90% of the torque available from just 2,500 rpm. The gearbox is now a 6 speed design and dry weight is up to 214 kg.
Review In A Few
- Sounds great with the Arrow exhaust
- Looks great
- A toasty right leg
- No fuel gauge
Launch RRP: £7,000
Capacity: 865 cc (average)
Power: 54 bhp / 40 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 230 kg / 507 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 205 kg / 452 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.235 bhp/kg / 0.175 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left