Honda CB1000R For Sale
The 2018 Honda CB1000R is a neo-retro naked bike and is powered by a 998cc inline four de-tuned Fireblade engine which puts out 143bhp. It was originally launched in 2008.
What Is It?
- Awesome styling, bags of details, handling, electronics, comfort
- No "retro look" TFT display, seat, mid-range power, rear shock
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 998cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 143.5bhp at 10,500rpm and maximum torque at 8,250rpm. The engine is essentially the same as the previous model, derived from an older but updated 2006 Fireblade design but tuned for less top end power and plenty of low down torque.
- Steel frame and Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Tokico 2 piston calipers
- 256mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- Adjustable Showa SFF Big Piston upside down fork
- Adjustable Showa rear shock
- 4 riding modes: Standard, Sport, Rain (reduced power), Custom (traction control can be turned off)
- LED lights all round
- LED running light around headlight
- Adjustable traction and engine braking control
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2008-2017 model you get 16% more power, 5% more torque, shorter gearing, 12kg off the weight (4.5kg from the exhaust), more compact overall dimensions, a slipper clutch, ride modes, a fatter rear tyre and a 20% better power to weight ratio. Oh and doesn't the headlight look way better!
The styling, which Honda calls Neo Cafe Racer, is shared with the smaller CB300R / CB125R and the gear position indicator sits neatly inside the rev counter. The 5 Y-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax BT-021 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
There's also a CB1000R+ version for roughly £1,000 more which includes the quickshifter, heated grips, radiator guard, fly screen, pillion seat cover and Aluminium front mudguard covers but is only available in black. It does look particularly good though!
Accessories include a quickshifter, 5-level heated grips, radiator guard, 12V socket, pillion seat cover, mini fly screen and Aluminium front mudguard panels/rear hugger.
Colours: Black, grey, red, silver (2019)
Did You Know?
The construction is really solid with very few plastic bits
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (27)
- 1 of 9
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
- Related Model
Check out this review from Wheels Motorcycles:
and this test ride from The chronicles of mr fish: