- Cool wheels, especially in black
- Headlight is a bit funky
- Aggressive riding position
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 998cc inline 4 cylinder engine, producing 123.4bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,750rpm. It's actually the engine from the 2007 CBR1000RR Fireblade, but de-tuned for better low down torque at the expense of top end power. RRP is £6,950 or £7,450 with C-ABS.
- Cast Aluminium frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 310 discs up front with Tokico 2 piston calipers (from the Fireblade)
- Rear 256mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork and 120mm travel (from the Fireblade)
- Adjustable rear shock with 128mm travel
- Fuel injection and 6 speed gearbox
- LED tail light, front LED position light (the "chin") and LCD dash
- 4->1 low slung exhaust system
- Light action hydraulic clutch
Combined ABS (C-ABS) version with 3 piston calipers available which adds 5kg to the weight. The 4-spoke cast Aluminium 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a colour coded pillion seat cover (£145), Alcantara seat (£210), crankcase cover (£55), belly pan, radiator shroud (£150), dash screen (£70), Akrapovic Titanium muffler (£725) and a range of carbon parts.
2011: Thicker Aluminium handlebar and new 7-bulb LED position light
- 2008-2009: Black, white, silver, light green
- 2010: Black, white, red/black, beige
- 2011-2014: Black, white, grey, red/blue/white, repsol
- 2015-2017: Red/black, white/black, red/blue/white
Let's be honest, you probably know more about this bike than we do. If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong please let us know.
Prices Updated: 20th October 2017
Finance your next bike with Superbike Loans, the UK's number one bike finance specialist. Get a decision within one hour.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (2)
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be:
Insurance Group: 9 of 10
Check out this quick walkaround from MotorradHuchting:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2008/043, issued 03/11/2008, affected 778 bikes
It has been identified that a fault can occur with the tail position light which if it occurs, will cause the light to operate incorrectly, so that the illumination falls below the homologation standard.
- Build Dates: 04/06/2008 to 01/08/2008
- ZDCSC60B*9F000074 to ZDCSC60B*9F008647
- ZDCSC60D*9F000074 to ZDCSC60D*9F008647
- ZDCSC60C*9F000074 to ZDCSC60C*9F008647
- ZDCSC60A*9F000074 to ZDCSC60A*9F008647
RM/2009/031, issued 19/11/2009, affected 702 bikes
The rear master cylinder mounting bolts may become loose. In the unlikely event that both mounting bolts become detached the operation and function of the rear brake may be adversely affected.
- Build Dates: 26/01/2009 to 17/02/2009
- ZDCPC43*09F032341 to ZDCPC43*09F033000
- ZDCPCC43B08F016739 to ZDCPC43B08F017278
- ZDCPC41*08F063165 to ZDCPC41*08F065603
- ZDCSC60A09F000168 to ZDCSC60A09F004865
- ZDCPC41*09F076288 to ZDCPC41*09F077339
- ZDCSC58B08F307021 to ZDCSC58B08F307620
- ZDCSC60B09F014288 to ZDCSC60B09F015355
- ZDCSC58*09F402829 to ZDCSC58*09F402948