Honda CB1000R Motorbikes For Sale & Buying Guide
What Is It?
The Honda CB1000R is a neo-retro naked bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 143.5 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,250 rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 256 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Dual channel ABS
- Adjustable Showa SFF Big Piston upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 131 mm travel
- Ride modes: Standard, Sport, Rain, Custom
- 3-level engine power
- 3-level traction control
- 3-level engine braking control
- Assist and slipper clutch
- LED lighting all round
- Emergency stop indicator flashers
- Adjustable brake lever
- 4->2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2018-2020 model there's a new "spoked" wheel design, a modern 5" TFT dash with connectivity, new sloped headlight design, new sculpted subframe, USB port under the seat and tweaked side panels.
The engine is still essentially the re-purposed 2006 Fireblade lump but for 2021 Honda have revised the fuel mapping and added a new Euro 5 exhaust system.
The 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the updated 3-level quickshifter, 5-level heated grips, Alcantara seat, radiator guard, pillion seat cover and mini fly screen.
The new £13,100 Black Edition replaces the CB1000R+ with a cooler name, quickshifter, fly screen, pillion seat cover, machined wheels and blacked out details but weighs 2 kg more.
- 2021: Black, grey, silver red
The construction is really solid with very few plastic bits.
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 143 bhp, 107 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph, 241 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 40 mpg, 7.1 l/100km, 14.2 km/l (average)
Range: 140 miles, 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.2 litres, 4.3 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm, 32.7 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 212 kg, 467 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.675 bhp/kg, 0.503 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- The Black Edition looks particularly good
- Loads of intricate details
- Plenty of smooth power
- Electronics package
- Headlight looks a bit odd without the fly screen
- Rear shock
For Sale (13)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: