KTM 890 Adventure R Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 890 Adventure R is a mid-range adventure style bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 889 cc parallel twin engine, producing 105 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP adjustable cornering ABS with off-mode
- Adjustable 48 mm WP XPLOR upside down fork with 240 mm travel
- Adjustable WP XACT shock with 240 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain (70 bhp), Road, Off-Road (ABS front only)
- 9-level lean angle aware traction control
- 5" TFT dash
- Off-road pegs
- Assist and slipper clutch
- WP steering damper
- LED lighting all round with LED running light
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For 2020 KTM have evolved the 790 Adventure R by adding a de-tuned version of the beefier engine found in the Duke 890 R, increasing the power by 11 bhp and the red line by 1,500 rpm.
They have also upgraded the rear shock from a WP APEX unit to an XACT unit, beefed up the clutch, improved the traction control / ABS, tweaked the suspension settings and updated the optional quickshifter however the custom Rally riding mode is now optional.
As before the air filter can be found under the seat, making it easily accessible for cleaning. The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Metzeler Karoo 3 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include the Akrapovic Titanium exhaust, Rally mode, quickshifter, cruise control, a variety of luggage options, Carbon fuel tank protectors, hand guard options, heated grips, centre stand, tall screen from the 790 and a variety of billet parts.
Launch RRP: £12,000
Capacity: 889 cc (average)
Power: 105 bhp, 78 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 135 mph, 217 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 55 mpg, 5.1 l/100km, 19.5 km/l (average)
Range: 240 miles, 386 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres, 5.3 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 880 mm, 34.6 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 196 kg, 432 pounds
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Up And Down The Range
The entry level road focused 890 Adventure is essentially the same bike with a fixed fork, less beefy suspension, 40 mm less travel, a 50 mm lower split seat, taller screen, standard tyres and front mudguard instead of the beak.
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.